Premed 101 Forums

Family doctor salary question

UBCstu

Just a question for you new grads out there, on average, how much would a new GP working 5d a week be able to earn annually in their first few years out of residency?

Would the numbers differ much between those who choose to do locums vs those who settle down in a practice?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.hfojobs.ca/UI/Professional/Physician/index.aspx

i think if you go through these and see you might be able to find some jobs where they post hourly $$$

it's really variable depending on if you're on a contract with an organization or just going into a private clinic with a couple other docs

i guess if you do multiple locums so that you're covering your hours, there really won't be much difference in billing from a locum vs full-time, although sometimes locums tend to pay overhead that's a big higher (and in a worse position to negotiate to cut down overhead) whereas if you're planning to stay and work for full-time, you have more of a leverage when negotiating for overhead

i say ~$200 to $300?

look for moo's posts somewhere around here. He worked 5 hrs a day (i think) during his community medicine residency at a walk-in (i think) and billed ~$300

Archived