Premed 101 Forums

U of A Anyone?

Guest danman04

Guest danman04

Who is still gunning for U of A this year??

The committee finished decisions yesterday, and letters should be mailed first week of July.

Dan

Guest YYCdentboi

hey guys...

im still waiting anxiously to hear from u of a. do you know when we should be expecting letters? this week sometime?

Guest danman04

epzi, no, i have not heard yet, just wondering who is still waiting from u of a.

YYC, I emailed Ms. McIssac last week and she said that letters should be mailed first week of july. Not sure if that is this week with the long weekend and all, or next week.

Also, not sure if you are at the u of a or not, anyway, beartracks might tell us whether or not we were accepted before the letters show up. Beartracks is the u of a's student access to registration and such.

Good luck!

Dan

Guest babytooth

good luck Dan and YYC! Hopefully both of you hear some good news soon from U of A. I found out that I was accepted on Beartracks after I had accepted their offer of acceptance and given the registrar a $175 deposit. So I'm not so sure that you'll be able to see if you've been accepted from Beartracks before the letter comes in.

All the best!

babytooth

Guest danman04

Well, not this time around. No worries though. Always next year. Plus, really looking forward to finish my pharmacology degree, have a good research project for the year too. It's all good!

Hope everyone else got the news they were looking for. All the best....

Dan

Guest YYCdentboi

Just finished speaking with Eleanor in Admissions. She said only ONE person was contacted so far on the list! So, who's the lucky one that got a letter in the mail this week?!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest digit

Hi apical, I finished my 2nd year in BSC hon at the U of C. My overall gpa and prereq were somewhere around 3.8. My dat was pretty average. I can't remember my exact scores but I think I had a 23 on the carving and 16 on the bio section which is pretty sad considering it was my major lol. Good thing U of A doesn't count the academic part.

Guest apical meristems

Congratulations again digit,

I am gunning for admission next year. We'll see how things go. One more question - when did you find out?

Thank you,

apcial :)

digit and YYC: Where are you guys planning on staying? (I think your both from calgary right?); I ended up in windsor park lofts, just seeing where everyone else ends up,

epzi

Guest digit

Hey apical.

I found out at the beginning of July. Good luck next year!

YYC- I sent you a PM

I ended up pretty close to where your living. I'll be staying at the plaza. Its pretty expensive but the amenities are great.

The plaza is nice, i checked out a couple of the apartments there, and the amenities look good (the lofts are attached to them on the 2nd floor), hopefully they're worth the price we're paying :)

Archived