Premed 101 Forums

Supplemental Faculty Income

I had a question about the way university faculty are paid. Say you are a physician on faculty, an assistant or associate professor. you do a bit of research (a paper here or there), you give a lecture to the med students once in a while, but you predominantly teach residents and take care of patients. In addition to your FFS income, are you paid a stipend or something from the university to supplement your income. And if so, what kind of range of "top-up" income (if I can use that term) is typical?

Save from asking a faculty member straight up, I have searched extensively for an answer, so informed opinions only, please :)

Everyone I've talked to who is an associate prof or something makes around 110,000 from the university

He is not talking about individuals who are full-time faculty, but rather have an appointment with the medical school.

It is my understanding that MDs usually get paid 200$ for lecturing and s stipend for various teaching responsibilities; i.e. having a medical student for a 4 week placement. I have seen these values but cant remember for the life of me what they were. But they were not horribly lucrative may a thousand or so ...

If I run into the document again Ill post.

Beef

Archived