Premed 101 Forums

summer jobs for dental students

Guest 1molar

Guest 1molar

What sort of summer jobs are available for dentistry students in Toronto? I would just want to chill in the summer but the extra cash must not hurt....

Guest Kicoati

I believe there are research programs at UofT. A friend of mine worked in the dental alumni office too (a dental student).

Guest moz donor

do you guys know if you can get a job (even volunteer, but perfer to get paid! :b ) for a first year science student with dentist?

• 1 month later...
Guest sweetyork

Research seems to be a favorite among UofT dent students. But a lot (maybe half, maybe third, maybe most, I don’t really know) are not doing research this summer. They need a break from academics. (We all do.) There are lots of position at UofT (b/c it’s the biggest dental research centre in Canada). You can also do research in other dental faculties (I am and I hate staying away from Toronto). However, you cannot work as a dental student outside the faculty (I think it’s illegal - I just don’t know any dental student who is). I also tried finding out whether I could volunteer. Although I never pursued the matter, I do know of someone who volunteered in the faculty last summer. Hope this helps.

P.S. I forgot to tell you (1molar) on my last email that despite all the hard work, I am glad that I picked UofT. It is really good for your career to graduate from a world famous university (especially with a professional degree)

Archived