Premed 101 Forums

During the interview day, when outside of the MMI are we graded? e.g., the lunch?

I'm not sure if I can stay for the lunch on my interview day as I have an interview the next day so I may need to catch a flight just a couple hours after the MMI. Would it hurt my chances of being admitted?

Also, during the meet and greet: we are told that the med students leading the groups are not assessing us, but is this really true?

Thank you!

I'm not sure if I can stay for the lunch on my interview day as I have an interview the next day so I may need to catch a flight just a couple hours after the MMI. Would it hurt my chances of being admitted?

Also, during the meet and greet: we are told that the med students leading the groups are not assessing us, but is this really true?

Thank you!

I didn't believe that they weren't assessing us, so I was on my best behaviour throughout the entire day.

A year later, I bumped into my student host - and he confirmed - he wasn't assessing us.

So I think you should be ok.

Thank you!

You are only being assessed by the assessors in the MMI stations. Outside of that, there is 0 assessment...not after during the lunch, and not by your hosts, .. not anybody else.

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm this. I said things at my rest station that would have likely counted against me... but I got in...

I'm also curious to know what :P

"Ya I don't really want to be a doctor, I'm just here because I heard there was a free lunch" ;)

Alright, thanks everyone - also didn't know if I had to worry about getting sufficient face time in during the tours/lunch if I'm able to make it (my experience with random group activities is there is always the one "self-appointed leader" who fights like a rabid animal for face time :eek: And well, I'm a lover, not a fighter! :P)

Archived