Premed 101 Forums

anyone applying to U of Saskatchewan?

Ella99

• 2 weeks later...
I didnt apply, however a cousin of mine got accepted there last year. He applied from Alberta.. I think his GPA was roughly 3.74, but he told me he did really well on the test of critical skills which probably helped him out.

Thanks for input, do you know if he was wait listed first then got in? or if he got in in the first round? and just for curiosity why didn't he go to U of A pharmacy with that GPA, I am pretty sure he had some chances.

I am from Alberta as well and I only applied to U of A and U of S this year.. since those are the ones without PCAT and interview... if I don't get this year I will have to write PCAT and try again :(

Thanks for input, do you know if he was wait listed first then got in? or if he got in in the first round? and just for curiosity why didn't he go to U of A pharmacy with that GPA, I am pretty sure he had some chances.

I am from Alberta as well and I only applied to U of A and U of S this year.. since those are the ones without PCAT and interview... if I don't get this year I will have to write PCAT and try again :(

Yea I'm pretty sure he was wait listed before he got in. And he did apply to U of A, however he did not spend much time on his letter of intent (didnt fill it in completely, didnt elaborate etc.). That was probably the main reason he didnt get into U of A.

• 1 month later...

Hey Ella99,

Im currently enrolled at the UofS. I got in last year off the waitlist...there's separate waitlists for OOP and IP applicants. I was 12th on the list and from my understanding they ran the entire OOP waitlist which is approximately 20 applicants. So as an OOP if you get waitlisted, don't get discouraged there's still hope. My GPA was a 4.0 on a 4.5 scale (From University of Manitoba).

Hopefully that helps!! Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Ella99,

Im currently enrolled at the UofS. I got in last year off the waitlist...there's separate waitlists for OOP and IP applicants. I was 12th on the list and from my understanding they ran the entire OOP waitlist which is approximately 20 applicants. So as an OOP if you get waitlisted, don't get discouraged there's still hope. My GPA was a 4.0 on a 4.5 scale (From University of Manitoba).

Hopefully that helps!! Good Luck!

hi choochoo33,

how did u do on the essay? and when did you get admitted from the wait list?

Thanks a lot!!

Hey guys I am OOP as well

I applied with a 3.2 (because I did horribly in my first year and they count every year which sucks!)

But my pre-req GPA is a 3.5

I think I did really well on my essay (but you never know).

I am worried that my cumulative is too low especially since I am OOP.

Oh okay.. I am OOP. Do you have any idea what the avg usually is for OOP students? When I emailed them, they barely say anything about marks. They just keep saying that they vary because of the 2 essays (which is understandable), but they won't even give an idea of what the past averages were like. I am just wondering if you know anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats Snooopy! Were you an in province applicant? I haven't heard back yet so I am super anxious!

Yep, I'm in province. Many of my friends haven't heard back either so maybe they haven't sent all the acceptance letters out. We have until July 8 to accept or decline so I'm assuming wait list will move shortly after that. Good luck!

I couldn't find the thread on SDN...

I'm OOP and got accepted (email was received on June 24).

Edit: of course, here are my stats:

Overall GPA is just under 3.2

Prereq GPA is about 3.8

I practiced really hard for the essay and I felt I did very well.

I'm a little surprised I got in since according to their statistics there are 14 spots and 210 applicants for OOP :o

Wow i guess either my essay weren't as good as I had expected or that my grades weren't good enough to make the 14 cut then...

Do they do waves similar to UofA or is it all in one go and that everyone who got accepted so far should satisfy the 72+14+4 positions?

I seem to recall them saying that they will send out all the responses at once. Did you try emailing Jackie? Otherwise, the deadline to reply for those who got a response is July 8. I expect all the emails to be sent out afterwards.

I'm still trying to decide between UofS and another school. I know I'm holding up the line, but I need some time to think about it :(

Hmm i never thought about emailing her, but i just did to clarify my previous questions. Thanks!

And yes i wouldnt blame you about debating whether to goto school there. If you're moving out of province for 4 years, it'll be best to choose one that you'll at least enjoy. Congrats though!

I'm not sure if this will ease anyone's tension or not, but don't panic just yet if you haven't heard anything, although others have already received their acceptance e-mails on Monday. I just called UofS and they confirmed that e-mails are sent out in waves rather than all at once. We should all be receiving e-mails by the end of the day today (unless of course you've already received one). Or so that was what I was told...

I'm not sure if this will ease anyone's tension or not, but don't panic just yet if you haven't heard anything, although others have already received their acceptance e-mails on Monday. I just called UofS and they confirmed that e-mails are sent out in waves rather than all at once. We should all be receiving e-mails by the end of the day today (unless of course you've already received one). Or so that was what I was told...

Hey Tintin89, thanks so much for sharing. This helps ease the anxiety a bit! It seems like most people who were admitted were emailed Monday though but fingers crossed!

I haven't heard back from them yet and my online application still says "complete ready for review".

Archived