Premed 101 Forums

The 2013 Mac Support Group

I am not sure what I plan on doing May 13th yet, but hopefully something that will keep me preoccupied. Maybe take a trip to the zoo or something? I love the zoo :). I think I am going to try to stay up all night on May 13th, too, so that I will be so groggy when I read the results that if it is bad news I can just go to bed haha.

Hahaha. But if you wait till May 18 to go to the zoo, you'll be able to see the pandas!

I am not even going to try to sleep on May 13th. I have a night of movies planned with a couple of friends who did not apply :D

...although I have to be at work at 8:30 AM the next day :(

Edit: I assumed you meant the Toronto zoo.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just spent the last hour completely traumatized. I had a dream within a dream but when I woke up from the first dream I didn't realize I was in another dream. In that second dream OMSAS released all decisions accidently on April 14 instead of may 14 due to a systematic error. I was rejected everywhere but wait listed at UT. Everyone on pm101 was celebrating and there were some very legit sounding posts and I was totally depressed. Then I woke up for real but thought I HAD woken up already but fallen asleep and woken again (ie. I thought the second dream was real life). To confirm it I opened my laptop and my hands were shaking when I refreshed my email. When nothing popped up I nearly died from relief. Ommmfffgggg

Let the madness begin

So I just spent the last hour completely traumatized. I had a dream within a dream but when I woke up from the first dream I didn't realize I was in another dream. In that second dream OMSAS released all decisions accidently on April 14 instead of may 14 due to a systematic error. I was rejected everywhere but wait listed at UT. Everyone on pm101 was celebrating and there were some very legit sounding posts and I was totally depressed. Then I woke up for real but thought I HAD woken up already but fallen asleep and woken again (ie. I thought the second dream was real life). To confirm it I opened my laptop and my hands were shaking when I refreshed my email. When nothing popped up I nearly died from relief. Ommmfffgggg

Let the madness begin

Awwww :(. That is legitimately frightening, though.

I had to forward myself my (originally deleted) rejection letter from May 15, 2012...just to help prepare me for potential bad news come May 14, 2013. ha!

Does anyone know if you get a wait list or offer(!) email, does it show up in the status? For the rejection email, it just said "McMaster MD Application". It's really not that big of a deal, I'm just anxiously waiting for May to arrive!

I had to forward myself my (originally deleted) rejection letter from May 15, 2012...just to help prepare me for potential bad news come May 14, 2013. ha!

Does anyone know if you get a wait list or offer(!) email, does it show up in the status? For the rejection email, it just said "McMaster MD Application". It's really not that big of a deal, I'm just anxiously waiting for May to arrive!

What do the rejection emails say? I'm absolutely horrified.

This might be a silly question but what are we checking on may 14th?

Our emails? Or omsas? Do we ever need to log on to omsas again?

The e-mail that you provided OMSAS. The admissions committee will send their decision to that e-mail. It will also show up on OMSAS but I don't think that's as fast as the e-mail.

What do the rejection emails say? I'm absolutely horrified.

I'd also like to know this as well as what the subject was for the 2012 acceptances if someone recalls. Thinking about this gives me butterflies but, overall, this last week I finally managed to chill out a bit and stop ruminating over my interviews. I'm in a holding pattern.

4 weeks today!

Regarding, hoping most of us don't see anything similar to what the above post mentioned.

I've tried to understand this in every possible way and it looks hopeless from any perspective. I'm assuming you implied the opposite. :confused:

Archived