Premed 101 Forums

The 2013 Mac Support Group

They probably have their final lists soon after the last interview. Worlds will change, hearts will be broken and mothers will feel proud...or caress broken souls in their bosoms. Good luck and keep your fingers crossed - Wendy Edge is about to sing.

Haha - it would be awesome if the acceptance/waitlisted/regrets came with a voice overlay of someone singing the decision! :o

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate knowing that the lists were made weeks ago but we're all still waiting... At least we're getting into the home stretch though!!

Last year the big day was May 15. The year before it was May 5.

If only it was May 5 this year too ...

Dude they are releasing next week. I think it is safe to say. Final list = complete

Ahhhh I feel like this is some sick American idol contest where people are voting for you and the list of who moves on is complete but you need to stay tuned for next week to find out who made the cut lol

Wow, in this last week suddenly time is really d..r..a..g..g..i..n..g. It's weird to be wanting something to come so badly when it may bring bad news. Next Wednesday I'll either be faced with making plans to start med school or the prospect of starting this whole process all over again. Yikes.

Wow, in this last week suddenly time is really d..r..a..g..g..i..n..g. It's weird to be wanting something to come so badly when it may bring bad news. Next Wednesday I'll either be faced with making plans to start med school or the prospect of starting this whole process all over again. Yikes.

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png

It's exactly this thought that bothers me. I've been so anxious since my interviews waiting for May 14... when in all likelihood they could really just send me a 3 line e-mail telling me that I am rejected...

It's exactly this thought that bothers me. I've been so anxious since my interviews waiting for May 14... when in all likelihood they could really just send me a 3 line e-mail telling me that I am rejected...

Did that applicant say next wednesday? I thought it was next tuesday?

Hm.

I remember reading somewhere that now our score is 15% GPA, 15% VR and 70%. Is that correct?

Also, 5 days to go ... The wait is killing me. Hope you guys have figured out a way to deal with the stress (or better still not feeling stressed at all :) ) and may God help us all on Tuesday

Just to give you guys a taste of where you would be next year at this time, I leave you with 10 things that many of the current students are experiencing:

1) You would have just gotten your clerkship stream assigned to you. There are several colours to choose from - each has a different order of rotations. A lottery system will be run and try to match you best to your personal ranking.

2) MacMed Musical tickets will be on sale.

3) The med formal would have just passed on the previous weekend.

4) It will be PPI time and everyone would fear the gunners who seemed to have skyrocketed the previous average. The PPI is an LMCC type exam that you write every so often...just to see how you are progressing.

5) You would have made great friends in your previous medical foundations (1: Cardio, Resp and Heme, 2: GI and Endocrine, 3: Nephro and Obs/Gyn)...and are now working your way through the fourth foundation (4: Infectious Disease and Neoplasms).

6) You would be prepping for your first OSCE through lectures given by interest groups and upper year students. The OSCE is a clinical skills exam...and at this point you would have learnt many exams and practiced them in person on varied patients (palliative, pediatrics, emergency etc.)

7) Your first set of block electives would be coming up (7 week block). Many would have good preparation through horizontal electives. Others might do extra preparation over the course of the next month.

8) Your only experience in Derm within the curriculum would be had on a Wednesday morning over four hours.

9) You might reflect on the year and think about some of the students you helped in the interview process...as a host, actor, CASPer grader or assessor.

10) You may have been pimped hard on anatomy, and are now strongly considering checking out the anatomy lab a bit more often....clerkship is coming too soon.

Good luck once again. Med school will be really exciting whether or not you choose to go to Mac (although Mac should be the best ;) ).

Did that applicant say next wednesday? I thought it was next tuesday?

Hm.

If you're referring to my post I meant that Wednesday would be the first day after getting the news to either start making plans for med school or regroup to start all over. But it is Tuesday we get the news, sorry for any confusion.

Comeon, thanks for the snapshot of where we could be in a year. It's making my stomach drop with nerves but it's also very exciting.

welcome to the club bud. What a terrible way to start this cycle off.

Sorry trojjanhorse.

It can only get better though, right?

I was rejected post-interview from Dal and wait listed post-interview at McGill. I feel like it's an upward trend! Hopefully it means good things for the Ontario schools :)

Archived