Premed 101 Forums

The 2013 Mac Support Group

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we know around how many got in off the wait list last year? I guess it's probably more difficult to know for schools like Mac since they don't (as far as I know) tell people their rank position on the list.

How's everybody feeling now that we're ~33 or so hours out?

I was on the wait-list last year and I would say that there is between 30-40 people that moved on the wait-list... Mac has the greatest wait-list movement but quite a few people were taken from the wait-list last year!

I was on the wait-list last year and I would say that there is between 30-40 people that moved on the wait-list... Mac has the greatest wait-list movement but quite a few people were taken from the wait-list last year!

Tee88, i'm rooting for you on Tuesday. You have had a positive outlook since last year's waitlist torture. I hope we can be classmates!

Is it true that the Mac waitlist moves the most? I thought that Queens WL was the one that shifted the most.

Mac's movement is believed to be the most. Queens used to be very high but recent changes to their curriculum + new building have caused a giant drop. I think it barely moved last year.

It made me feel like extra sh!t last year as I was waitlisted at Mac and never made it off the waitlist haha.

Mac's movement is believed to be the most. Queens used to be very high but recent changes to their curriculum + new building have caused a giant drop. I think it barely moved last year.

It made me feel like extra sh!t last year as I was waitlisted at Mac and never made it off the waitlist haha.

Me too! *High five*

Hopefully all the offers from the Ontario schools will be out by 10 AM!

Isn't it usually early in the morning? Last year I heard from Ottawa around 8am, I know Queen's is supposed to release at 8am and I read somewhere on here that Mac was around 8:30am last year?

Man this day is killing me, I just got off work and now can't distract myself. I think I'll workout and go for a run...only way to clear my head!

Good luck tomorrow everyone. I'm going to sign out and sleep. I don't intend to check the forum until the e-mails begin.

Thank you to everyone here that made the last few weeks bearable. This community is amazing and I hope I was able to make some of you feel at ease, the way you guys put me at ease. I know it's not possible for everyone but I hope as many people as possible get the best possible news tomorrow.

Anyone else staying up tonight? :(

I don't know how I am going to be able to go to work tomorrow and work for 8 hours if I get rejected :(

I'll be staying up until at least 3am, so I'll keep you company 'til then.

...By any chance are you and 321izme...acquainted?

I'll be staying up until at least 3am, so I'll keep you company 'til then.

...By any chance are you and 321izme...acquainted?

Ahhhhhh, I have been waiting for May 14 for so long but now I am really really scared.

Do you have to be at work/somewhere tomorrow as well?

I am just watching old Friends episodes :)

Ahhhhhh, I have been waiting for May 14 for so long but now I am really really scared.

Do you have to be at work/somewhere tomorrow as well?

I am just watching old Friends episodes :)

Oh man, Friends was so good, do you think the 2014 comeback rumours are real? The show was so good that they even made a show modeled after it in the country I come from.

I was supposed to go do some work at the lab tomorrow (not paid work - I'm just an undergrad) but through some twists of luck the machinery I need to work with is malfunctioning so I won't have to.

With the Queen's situation being as it is, I'm sorry I can no longer imagine how scary it must be for those waiting for the morning - but a few hours ago I knew, and it was terrible, and it was dark, and hang in there, because no matter what happens this isn't the end, but you knew that already, right =)

You'll make it through.

Oh man, Friends was so good, do you think the 2014 comeback rumours are real? The show was so good that they even made a show modeled after it in the country I come from.

I was supposed to go do some work at the lab tomorrow (not paid work - I'm just an undergrad) but through some twists of luck the machinery I need to work with is malfunctioning so I won't have to.

With the Queen's situation being as it is, I'm sorry I can no longer imagine how scary it must be for those waiting for the morning - but a few hours ago I knew, and it was terrible, and it was dark, and hang in there, because no matter what happens this isn't the end, but you knew that already, right =)

You'll make it through.

Congrats on your Queen's acceptance! :D What is your first choice?

I doubt the comeback rumours are true... although I'd be very happy if they were haha...

Congrats on your Queen's acceptance! :D What is your first choice?

I doubt the comeback rumours are true... although I'd be very happy if they were haha...

Thanks =) My first choice is Toronto for now, but I have to admit I'm not informed enough to make a choice right now. If surplus luck comes my way, I'll spend the next few weeks looking for that info!

Ahh yes, comeback would make me happy too. I wonder if they'll keep the same opening song? The Rembrandts were great and it is such a signature piece.

Thanks =) My first choice is Toronto for now, but I have to admit I'm not informed enough to make a choice right now. If surplus luck comes my way, I'll spend the next few weeks looking for that info!

Ahh yes, comeback would make me happy too. I wonder if they'll keep the same opening song? The Rembrandts were great and it is such a signature piece.

Yeah, I would be very very happy to get either school (Mac or UofT)... although I somehow feel like I would belong more at Mac.

I love the opening song :) They probably will keep it if it comes back as all the previous 10 seasons had it.

Yeah, I would be very very happy to get either school (Mac or UofT)... although I somehow feel like I would belong more at Mac.

I love the opening song :) They probably will keep it if it comes back as all the previous 10 seasons had it.

I hope you get in! I feel like although the people on this forum are often concerned with and disagree about practical things like lifestyle, salaries, what it takes to be a doctor, etc., the fact that we all wish each other well in the end speaks a lot. I feel like all of us who can tell each other good things these days will go on to be great people, doctor or not.

I hope you get in! I feel like although the people on this forum are often concerned with and disagree about practical things like lifestyle, salaries, what it takes to be a doctor, etc., the fact that we all wish each other well in the end speaks a lot. I feel like all of us who can tell each other good things these days will go on to be great people, doctor or not.

Thanks takeinfinity :) I think so too... this forum has been a constant source of information and support for me over the past year. I think that it really helps to know that there are others in the same boat as you. I also know that if I do not get in, it is because some other very qualified people did... I can tell from the interviewees on this forum that I am in good company :)

Thanks takeinfinity :) I think so too... this forum has been a constant source of information and support for me over the past year. I think that it really helps to know that there are others in the same boat as you. I also know that if I do not get in, it is because some other very qualified people did... I can tell from the interviewees on this forum that I am in good company :)

I'm still here, albeit but for the next little while! I'm listening to all sorts of music now. Andrea Bocelli has a phenomenal voice, if you're into that kind of stuff.

EDIT: Hahah looks like a lot of people are off now, so I'll also call it a night - best wishes for the morning =)

Archived