Premed 101 Forums

Like a lot of people on here, I am waiting to hear about my application status for 2013. I have applied to UofA for Physiotherapy and am wondering if anyone has heard anything yet? The website says that we could hear back starting the point of application until late March. Has anyone been invited to the MMI yet?

Just got a rejection e-mail from UofA PT. My Anatomy & Physiology courses (Human A&P Biol 131 and 133 from Okanagan College) weren't accepted for the Human Anatomy Requirement.

I called Gillian Luff the Admissions Assistant and she said they are hoping by 2014 not to accept anyone who has a combined A&P course as their prerequisite for Human A&P as she states the combined courses don't provide enough material for entrance into their program. Their suggested course is of course offered by UofA. Rehab 350, at a cost of roughly $700 by distance for anyone else who runs into this.

I guess they do post their accepted courses, but I know my Biol 131/133 are the same as some of the other courses posted...so I figured those would work when I applied. They will not be accepting any Athabasca 235 courses as Anatomy credits either...just physiology.

Thanks for the reply! I had the same problem last year (this is the second time I have applied). I assumed my A&P courses would be equivalent but they ended up rejecting them and I had to do A&P 1&2 over again and I am currently enrolled in the REHAB 350 course through UofA distance ed. That was a very frustrating experience. When did you get the rejection email from them? I am hoping everything is in order this time but I am unsure of my GPA and have this feeling that something is going to go wrong.

Yes! I got an invite today as well. Still unsure of my GPA, I guess I could ask them how the conversion went, I am guessing around 3.9 ish. Here is what the website says about the MMI's

"During the interview, invited applicants will move through a total of 8 different stations; spending approximately 10 minutes at each station. A different interviewer will be at each of the stations, therefore an applicant has the opportunity to share his/her experiences and thoughts with a variety of individuals. The length of the entire interview will be about 80 to 100 minutes"

Here's to the next step!

I don't think anyone got waitlisted yet. First they offer the interview to a bunch of people then depending on how many accept the interview (I was offered last week and had until today to accept or decline), a few more spots will open for interviews. So more interview offers will be sent out this week. It isn't until after the interviews that we are re-ranked and official offers and a wait list is completed.

I am on the wait list as well. I asked them what position, and they said roughly 175 people are on the list... because it is constantly changing it is hard to determine where each applicant is.. so they don't bother telling us! :( good luck!

thanks for the feedback! wish you the best for your applications

Archived