Premed 101 Forums

Future Applicant Quedtion

Just wondering if I should bother applying to Mac next year:

VR:15

CGPA: 3.12 ...:| really poor first 2 years

based on the interview INVITE stats you're like ~5.5 st devs below the mean GPA but ~3.5 st devs higher for VR. what's the worst that happens? you waste a few hours on CASPER and lose a few bucks. I suck at statistics but im pretty sure you'd have to do amazing on it - like the top 5% perhaps? maybe apply OOP where MCAT is worth a lot? i dont know much about those schools though.

Also, please keep in mind the fact that all the results that trojjanhorse compiled come from self-reported PM101 stats. Not to say that they are inaccurate but there's likely a chance that people who spend their free time on a pre-med forum would be slightly above the average applicant.

Essentially, I'm trying to say, don't not apply just because you're below these compiled stats. If you're going to apply based on stats, wait for the officially compiled ones and even then, it's probably worth it to apply since no one can really figure out CASPer

Also, please keep in mind the fact that all the results that trojjanhorse compiled come from self-reported PM101 stats. Not to say that they are inaccurate but there's likely a chance that people who spend their free time on a pre-med forum would be slightly above the average applicant.

Essentially, I'm trying to say, don't not apply just because you're below these compiled stats. If you're going to apply based on stats, wait for the officially compiled ones and even then, it's probably worth it to apply since no one can really figure out CASPer

Not to mention the people who might inflate their stats...

Archived