Premed 101 Forums

UBC Family/Internal

And by some you mean 1 spot in Fort St. John - if you consider that's one spot left after the first iteration for the entire province of British Columbia... I wouldn't count on it not being competitive in a sense.

UBC family has a very depersonalized system of ranking their applicants - your paper application is graded by reviewers who could be from any FM program in r province (regardless of which ones you are applying to) and then you do one interview for all of UBC family med, at any of their locations. So there is a chance that if you wanted UBC Fraser Vancouver your application would be graded by people in Primce George and you could interview in Victoria.

They also offer Skype interviews and the option to decline doing an interview, and then your application is weighted 100%.

I think it makes it very ambiguous and kind of a crap shoot - there are few urban spots in UBC compared to other major centers like Ottawa, Edmonton or Calgary. granted a few of my classmates did match to competitive UBC locations.

Archived