Premed 101 Forums

U of T PT CAP invite

I just called the Admissions Information desk at McMaster for OT/PT and the machine said "offers for interview will be emailed out on April the 15th, 2013 in the afternoon". Just so you're aware. Seems pretty late this year.

That's really late. Isn't the date to rsvp for the cap test the 18th?

Does anyone know if u of t has an alternative day for writing the cap test just in case mcmaster schedules their on the same day? It seems kind of tight to travel and interview between both campuses in the same day, not to mention the stress.

Does anyone know if u of t has an alternative day for writing the cap test just in case mcmaster schedules their on the same day? It seems kind of tight to travel and interview between both campuses in the same day, not to mention the stress.

Yeah its on the 24th but pretty sure they're going to ask for documentation and exceptions are based on religious holidays and such. Worth asking them though, for sure!

Yeah its on the 24th but pretty sure they're going to ask for documentation and exceptions are based on religious holidays and such. Worth asking them though, for sure!

So I'm guessing having another pt interview at mcmaster is not a valid reason to write it on the 24th then? In that case should I just rsvp now?

McMaster's interviews are April 27,28,29. They don't conflict with the CAP.

Toronto's cap test is scheduled for the 27th, so unless you know for sure that the mcmaster pt interviews aren't on the 27th, then they could potentially conflict with the cap test.

McMaster's website says interviews run from Fri, April 26- Sun, April 28th. So you could get the CAP and interview on the same day. Not sure if that will be an acceptable reason to re-schedule either one, though.

UPDATE:

The McMaster answering machine now says offers for interview will go out on Friday, April the 5th in the afternoon. Good luck everyone!!!

Toronto's cap test is scheduled for the 27th, so unless you know for sure that the mcmaster pt interviews aren't on the 27th, then they could potentially conflict with the cap test.

Wait until tonight at least since mac has apparently changed their voicemail announcement. I've actually rsvp-ed myself for the cap so I'm really hoping it doesn't conflict if I do get an invite. You have until the 18th (if I'm not mistaken) to rsvp for the cap so if I were you, I'd wait a little longer! Pretty sure out of 350-ish writers, were not the only ones in this predicament lol they should do something!

Toronto and McMaster purposely coordinate their admission tests on the same weekend to accommodate all the students who come from a far distance. They also share invitation information, so you shouldn't get an invitation to both on the same day. If you do, you can email Toronto and ask to write on their alternate day (April 24). But it shouldn't happen.

For those who eventually get accepted into U of T, do you have to maintain a certain average in your final year (including this semester) in order to get in?

Nope... just as long as you graduate.

But you won't know if you're in until after final exams.

For those who eventually get accepted into U of T, do you have to maintain a certain average in your final year (including this semester) in order to get in?

It's right in their FAQ section:

Is the application’s Grade Point Average (GPA) consideration based on the most recent five full course equivalents or 10 full course equivalents?

The School of Graduate Studies mandates that all applicants must have a minimum mid-B average in their final year of study. We consider that to be your most recent 5 full course equivalents.

If you meet that minimum requirement, we will then initially rank applicants based on the GPA of their most recent 10 full course equivalents.

Toronto and McMaster purposely coordinate their admission tests on the same weekend to accommodate all the students who come from a far distance. They also share invitation information, so you shouldn't get an invitation to both on the same day. If you do, you can email Toronto and ask to write on their alternate day (April 24). But it shouldn't happen.

Exactly,

I got invited to the CAP and MMI and it said that for those who were invited to the CAP, McMaster will ensure that interview dates do not conflict.

Is anyone here from Ottawa? I don't mind carpooling! my MMI is Apr 26, CAP is Apr 27.

Archived