Premed 101 Forums

U of T PT CAP invite

Just got one as well. Now there's just one more hurdle before I can fulfill my dream career of becoming a pt. Congrats everyone!

I need to seriously do some major research and reading to prep for this test but I got an insane amount of work from school to complete and my exams run til the 19th of april. WTF! Also I just found out the career counsellor who helped me prep for pt quit so know I can't even get advise and practice for the cap and mmi test. What a pos university!

Guest Physioprospect
Just got one as well. Now there's just one more hurdle before I can fulfill my dream career of becoming a pt. Congrats everyone!

I need to seriously do some major research and reading to prep for this test but I got an insane amount of work from school to complete and my exams run til the 19th of april. WTF! Also I just found out the career counsellor who helped me prep for pt quit so know I can't even get advise and practice for the cap and mmi test. What a pos university!

theres absolutely nothing you can do to prepare other than practice being asked randcom questions and answering on your feet. Theres no way of coming close to knowing what they will ask. Its very random.

theres absolutely nothing you can do to prepare other than practice being asked randcom questions and answering on your feet. Theres no way of coming close to knowing what they will ask. Its very random.

While its true that you won't know exactly the type of question they will ask, I'm sure their is a general type or style of questions and answers to those questions that won't hurt you. Also there might be certain answers you should avoid. Anyways I'm gonna try and find another career counsellor or someone to help me practice for this. I'm not even gonna bother asking my classmates. They've been really secretive with everything and never once have helped me out with anything even though I have helped them numerous times with their applications. I guess the way they see it is everyone for themselves and I should probably follow that mentality from now on at least with the people from my university.

Out of 343 students invited to write the CAP and only 85 (approx.) being accepted at the end, would that mean that the students getting invited with gpas close to the cut-off are already at a disadvantage? I got through with a sGPA of 3.77 and I'm wondering if 60% is GPA weight and 40% CAP results, is it already a long shot for me?

Out of 343 students invited to write the CAP and only 85 (approx.) being accepted at the end, would that mean that the students getting invited with gpas close to the cut-off are already at a disadvantage? I got through with a sGPA of 3.77 and I'm wondering if 60% is GPA weight and 40% CAP results, is it already a long shot for me?

No it is not. A 40% CAP weighting is pretty huge. Just try your best on the test, there are definitely people currently in the program with borderline GPAs that aced the CAP.

Think about it this way

Mac takes top applicants for their MMI (probs a cutoff slightly higher than U of T), Western takes 50 based on GPA.

So all 3 schools are generally taking people from one small top percentage crew.

85 (U of T class size) + 65 (Mac) + 50 Western = 200

your chances are better than you think :)

hope this gives you a some optimism!

While its true that you won't know exactly the type of question they will ask, I'm sure their is a general type or style of questions and answers to those questions that won't hurt you. Also there might be certain answers you should avoid. Anyways I'm gonna try and find another career counsellor or someone to help me practice for this. I'm not even gonna bother asking my classmates. They've been really secretive with everything and never once have helped me out with anything even though I have helped them numerous times with their applications. I guess the way they see it is everyone for themselves and I should probably follow that mentality from now on at least with the people from my university.

It is a behavioral/character based test. Like the mmi, it is designed to assess your life experience. Answers like " I have always wanted to be a PT" probably won't get you very far. You really can't prepare for it.

Think about it this way

Mac takes top applicants for their MMI (probs a cutoff slightly higher than U of T), Western takes 50 based on GPA.

So all 3 schools are generally taking people from one small top percentage crew.

This is great. I never thought of it this way before, plus Queens takes 65 students so essentially, the top ~300 people will get in SOMEWHERE. :)

This is great. I never thought of it this way before, plus Queens takes 65 students so essentially, the top ~300 people will get in SOMEWHERE. :)

Yep! It was my main source of optimism during my application craziness last year! Speaking from experience, it's so important to keep your cool throughout these couple weeks of physio madness.

Queen's is the true odd ball, while it can be kept in the equation but their program does take a lot of people who's GPA would not be good enough for the 3 other schools.

No it is not. A 40% CAP weighting is pretty huge. Just try your best on the test, there are definitely people currently in the program with borderline GPAs that aced the CAP.

Think about it this way

Fun fact: Western took 55 this year and rumoured to be expanding to 60 for class of 2015.

Think about it this way

It definitely does, this is amazing! Numbers never lie haha thanks Philly :)

Just curious, has anyone rsvp their invite yet? I'm still waiting for mcmaster before I confirm, but it seems to be taking a long time to hear back from mac.

I did RSVP :S

I didn't realise that mac was supposed to be the same weekend... I guess I'll have to figure out arrangments with mac if I do get an invite. Serves me right for being an eager beaver all the time -.-

I did RSVP :S

I didn't realise that mac was supposed to be the same weekend... I guess I'll have to figure out arrangments with mac if I do get an invite. Serves me right for being an eager beaver all the time -.-

Yea same here. I'm surprised, being in the same province and all, that they decided to do it on the same weekend. I hope, fingers crossed that I do get an invite for an MMI, that its not on the 27th.

Archived