Premed 101 Forums

TO housing

Guest HOTfuchsia

Guest HOTfuchsia

I was wondering how much luck everyone is having in looking for housing in Toronto. Which websites are you using? Newspapers?

I have found a range of prices...and a range of quality! Any suggestions on how to find the best accomodation would be greatfully appreciated...since the housing info UofT provided was @#%$.

Thanks!

Guest TabeshDDS

hey guys and girls,

I'm thinking about buying a house and filling it with 4 or 5 dental students somewhere near the campus. I'm gonna be starting in first year at UofT, so I wanted to know if any of you would be interested in doing so. I think living as a group of dental students would be really rewarding and FUN :rollin

Guest pearlywhitesBC

On the topic of buying housing...

This is something that I'm considering (but in Montreal - i'm going to McGill). Do you know if you can get a mortgage if you don't have a source of income? I would be using a LOC to pay off the mortgage because I wouldn't want to work during school. The way I look at it, I'm going to be paying rent anyway, so why not buy a place. I just don't know if the bank will look at it the same way.

Does anyone have any info on this? I've contacted a mortgage broker but haven't heard anything back.

Guest TabeshDDS

I think if you can put a decent downpayment on the house, and secure a number of people to rent it from you, you maybe able to get some extra money from the bank to buy the house.

Guest pearlywhitesBC

I was just going to get an apartment for myself (I like living alone) but I could manage a pretty sizeable down payment. hmmm....I guess i'll find out soon enough. I'll let everyone know what I find out. :D

Guest TabeshDDS

the houses downtown are out of range for students to buy, but i know an investor who wouldn't mind buying a house for dental/medical students. That way he gets rent and has some peace of mind knowing that dental and med students arent' gonna wreck a house the way some undergrads might.

Archived