Premed 101 Forums

U of O Occupational Therapy

I ended up talking to the staff and she said it wasn't a problem to have an extra few days to pay the deposit. She said they wouldn't be checking for the money until about the 21st because of the long weekend.

I just found this out late last night, sorry I didn't post about it sooner!

Is anyone going to uOttawa for sure, or are you waiting to hear from other schools on Friday??

Well, my heart was initially set on U of Ottawa, mostly because it has always been important to me to pursue my studies in French, & I really didn't think I stood a chance at getting accepted anywhere else. So I sent in my deposit right away. I wish I would have known that we could have waited until after today to do so!!

I was offered an interview at Mac but didn't attend, & I just found out that I got accepted to U of T, which I totally was not expecting. So now, I'm really not sure what to do! Still haven't heard from Queens though.

How about you?

i'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for Queen's!

nothing again uOttawa, but i'd love to go somewhere else, as i did my undergrad there. plus, queens is slightly closer to home for me.

what about you??

congrats too! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Heyyy guys!! So do any of you know if you are going to Ottawa U for OT for sure for fall 2013? I've been waitlisted at # 5 for McGill for OT and i'm not too hopeful i'll get in :( What's Ottawa U like? Is it hard to find housing? I'm a bit worried about doing my Masters in french.. although my comprehension and oral is okay i'm not too confident about writing projects/ scientific research papers in french. What are your thoughts?

You can write papers in English and do your tests in English. If its a group project you might need to write in French (since it will be a group consensus) but I was told that this is a rule at OttawaU (all evaluations can be in the language of your choice).

Heyyy guys!! So do any of you know if you are going to Ottawa U for OT for sure for fall 2013? I've been waitlisted at # 5 for McGill for OT and i'm not too hopeful i'll get in :( What's Ottawa U like? Is it hard to find housing? I'm a bit worried about doing my Masters in french.. although my comprehension and oral is okay i'm not too confident about writing projects/ scientific research papers in french. What are your thoughts?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Like ZoeMae said, you can submit your assignments in English if need be. I have never lived in Ottawa, however, my brother currently lives there & I have quite a few friends who did their undergrads at the U of O. I have also heard feedback from past students who studied in the OT program at Ottawa U & I have yet to hear one negative comment about their experience. Other than that, Ottawa is an absolutely beautiful city, the transit system is very organized, & it doesn't seem to be too difficult to find a place to live.

Yeah exactly!

I did my undergrad there and the city is GREAT. Its a big city, with the charms of a small town. Also, I did some classes of undergrad in French, others in English, and you can choose the language for major assignments. Its pretty great!

The rent downtown is expensive, so I'd encourage you to look for something closer to Health Sciences Campus, which is slightly less expensive. After taking a year off, I'm excited to head back to the city and do this thing! Having a degree in French will definitely be advantageous too!

:) hope this clears some things up!

Archived