Premed 101 Forums

Getting the campus you prefer

For accepted applicants from previous cycles, did many of you receive your 3rd choice campus? In the wording of the email it seems like this would be on the rarer side ("possibly even their 3rd choice"). I really would be thrilled with any of the campuses but there are some logistical issues that would make my third choice complicated.

Did u get the campus you wanted?

For accepted applicants from previous cycles, did many of you receive your 3rd choice campus? In the wording of the email it seems like this would be on the rarer side ("possibly even their 3rd choice"). I really would be thrilled with any of the campuses but there are some logistical issues that would make my third choice complicated.

Did u get the campus you wanted?

I asked the student hosts during interview day and few of my colleagues who are in McM med. It's a rank system. The higher is your post interview score, the likelier it is for you to get your 1st choice. Let's say you are on the lower percentile and you chose Hamilton as #1 and the seats for Hamilton are filling up! A lottery based algorithm will decide which campus you will go to.

I may have not entirely understood the system, but I think there's truth to the aforementioned statement.

I asked the student hosts during interview day and few of my colleagues who are in McM med. It's a rank system. The higher is your post interview score, the likelier it is for you to get your 1st choice. Let's say you are on the lower percentile and you chose Hamilton as #1 and the seats for Hamilton are filling up! A lottery based algorithm will decide which campus you will go to.

I may have not entirely understood the system, but I think there's truth to the aforementioned statement.

This is my current understanding of the process. I think the more difficult task, rather than figuring out the logistics of the algorithm, is to figure out which campus I would prefer!

I never expected this decision to be so difficult. I'm not even sure if I want to rank Hamilton as my first choice anymore... There are obvious benefits and drawbacks for each campus

I never expected this decision to be so difficult. I'm not even sure if I want to rank Hamilton as my first choice anymore... There are obvious benefits and drawbacks for each campus

I'm with you on this Savac...

Always thought Hamilton would be first choice, but now I'm seeing the pros of the regional campuses! Tough choice...

Can any IP people provide some insight into which campus would have the lowest cost of living?

Or is it basically a wash between the sites?

Having lived in Hamilton and St Catharines, St Catharines is much cheaper but I'm not sure how Waterloo compares though.

Also, Niagara has anatomy every week and bellringers at the end of the units but they are not mandatory, which takes a pressure off and if you do go it's a way smaller class since quite a few people don't go.

Can any IP people provide some insight into which campus would have the lowest cost of living?

Or is it basically a wash between the sites?

It seems like to get more bang for your buck in St. Catharines/ Waterloo. The prices are similar but it seems like its easier to find nice new apartments there than in Hamilton.

Archived