Premed 101 Forums

All Done!

Guest Kicoati

Guest Kicoati

Finally, I am done my last interview. All that's left to do is wait to hear the last result and the movement of waiting lists.

How did you people find UWO interview?

Contrary to that @ UofT, I was absolutely at ease the whole time and felt that the interviewers actually have an interest in what I said. Nobody wrote anything down this time, pure conversation - and it was fun and cozy.

Now they know what my favourite latte is and what novel I am reading :P

Congrats Kicoati! You are lucky that yours went so well. While I did feel that they were more welcoming, unfortunately I found the questions more difficult. Also, I found there was a lot more pressure because I know that my chances of getting into U of T are slim (unless the waitlist moves a LOT) and this is my last chance! Good luck to the rest of you... I must say, the next two months are going to feel VERY LONG!

Guest Kicoati

Thanks tm. Although I do feel that my interview @ UWO was better than my UofT one, that's mostly because I was off to a not so good start @ UofT :x

I will never know what the UWO interviewers think of me. Mine told me they will ask the same questions to everyone on that day (Sunday), not sure if they mean everyone interviewed that day, or just those interviewed by the 2 of them.

It is a long way before July indeed, but for me I have to write my thesis and defend it before UWO's June 20th deadline for grad students!!! Feels like a pressure cooker here :rolleyes

Are you in school?

Not anymore- I just graduated from Queen's. I'll either be going to dental school next year or taking the year off to work and travel before going to dental school.

Good luck with your thesis! Where have you been waitlisted??

Guest Kicoati

Hi tm,

I have an offer from UBC but I am hesitating due to their high tuition.

I am waitlisted at McGill and UofT.

Have you applied elsewhere other than the ON schools?

Yeah, I deferred Boston University so if I don't get into the Ontario schools I will go there in 2005. I didn't apply to any other schools in Canada other than U of T and Western.

Guest TheDDSDude

Kicoati, best of luck with your western interview.

With respect to UBC, I'd go if I didn't get into any Canadian schools. I'm sure no matter how much the tuition is for UBC it will be MUCH less than a US school. NOt to make tm feel bad but Boston University is like almost 70 grand AMERICAN :eek including living expenses. I was accepted to Columbia earlier in the year and their tuition alone is 45 grand AMERICAN :eek ! So that was my reason to stick with a Canadian school. If you get into a Canadian school, you should go. HOwever, I do wish you and tm the best of luck with your interviews, I'm sure you did great.

Guest Kicoati

Hi!

tm, congratulations for your acceptance at Boston. May I ask why would you defer your admission? Is it becuz in case you didn't get into Canadian school this year you will try again next year?

Thanks TheDDSDude, I agree with you about UBC! BTW, congrats with your acceptace at Columbia !!! OH, and UofT as well :eek

Sooooo wish I can be your classmate next year!

Boy, I am now checking with UofT like once a week about the waiting list.

Yes, I was planning on reapplying next year if I didn't get into Western or U of T, and I wouldn't mind taking a year off after doing my two undergrad degrees! I know if I don't take some time off to travel/work now, I won't get the chance again for a very long time!! I know Boston is expensive, but I compared it to my other top choices in the US and they are all in the same range. I got a really good feeling about BU and I have a few friends who go there, so ultimately, it was my top choice.

I am still really hoping for Western... I bet there are lots of people in my position! Hopefully all the people they want already got into U of T!!!!

Archived