Premed 101 Forums

Quebec D.O. Application Issues

setto

I'm a Quebec resident and went through CEGEP and University here. I am planning on applying to Osteo schools in the US but so far it has been a nightmare!

I sent my transcripts to get authenticated and to be evaluated for the 4.0 US scale (My CEGEP and Uni transcripts did not use the same GPA system). When I received my evaluated transcript I noticed that an entire year was missing. Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue however my first year had a large portion of my pre-requisites.

According to the evaluation service, this first year off college was considered HighSchool level course work. I contacted AACOMAS and was told that this course work would not be counted unless it is evaluated.

Have any other Quebec applicants applied successfully to USDO programs and haven't had to jump through these hoops?

Setto

Jesus Christ. Is this the same for medical school? My CEGEP grades weren't amazing at all.

lol awesome username.

Do you mean MD schools? Nope. Not the same. They consider your CEGEP as Junior college and only require proof of completed coursework and I'm pretty sure it's pass/fail.

You don't even need to get your transcripts authenticated for AMCAS. Only AACOMAS makes you go through the whole ordeal! The standards for DO schools may be a bit lower than MD but it is considerably more difficult to apply for a few reasons.

lol awesome username.

Do you mean MD schools? Nope. Not the same. They consider your CEGEP as Junior college and only require proof of completed coursework and I'm pretty sure it's pass/fail.

You don't even need to get your transcripts authenticated for AMCAS. Only AACOMAS makes you go through the whole ordeal! The standards for DO schools may be a bit lower than MD but it is considerably more difficult to apply for a few reasons.

Thank you for the compliment and the information. This is reassuring!

Edit : Good luck on your applications. We're all gonna make it.

Thank you for the compliment and the information. This is reassuring!

Edit : Good luck on your applications. We're all gonna make it.

Well I made it once (Was in an Irish school, left to apply to North America at least one more time) I think I can do it again! :P

• 1 year later...

Hi there. Sorry for all the problems you are having. We definitely had a few Quebec/McGill grads apply and matriculate at USDO schools. We have a facebook group up. Very responsive. Someone will answer your question there.

I'd like to have the name of the groupe to please!

Archived