Premed 101 Forums

Please Help me .

No offense but how can you possibly be a CMG with that grammar?

I think there's a good chance that everyone here is getting majorly trolled.

Mother and father are both french/Israeli,

wife is straight Israeli

we speak hebrew 80% of time, 10% is hebrenglish is mix of hebrew and english and 10% of time french.

but thank you for your nice input. after i get a job, I will for sure go to ESL classes and make sure to be very linguistically knowledgeable.

For the unemployed MD, it seems that having a graduate degree is the ultimate door-opener.

You need a grad degree, even an MA in something random, better yet an MPH, MBA, or MHA, for:

- college teaching jobs

- college lab assistant jobs

- government public health jobs or health administration jobs

- the vast majority of research assistant, research technician, and drug rep jobs.

If you have a Masters degree, leverage it.

if youre CMG how were you not able to get a residency. did u apply for a very competitive speacilty without having a backup. I would expect this problem for IMG bu CMG u shouldnt have this problem

This happens more than youd think. Usually due to: poor interviewing, not being competative enough for any one program, applying to overly competative programs, red flags on application, bad luck.

This happens more than youd think. Usually due to: poor interviewing, not being competative enough for any one program, applying to overly competative programs, red flags on application, bad luck.

poor interview skills. not ranking and applying to Quebec programs.

dude, i have no clue how good or bad you are, but i know you are a Canadian MD! So don't lose your hope. Just try to swallow the next 365 days (and try to find a research post -- even volunteering will be great), you'll be a res in 2014! Worst comes worst, you'll be a fam resident! You won't get unmatched again next yr, just apply FM everywhere for backup!

remember, you are a Canadian MD! A title that so many would kill for! All the difficulties will not last, i believe you'll come back!

dude, i have no clue how good or bad you are, but i know you are a Canadian MD! So don't lose your hope. Just try to swallow the next 365 days (and try to find a research post -- even volunteering will be great), you'll be a res in 2014! Worst comes worst, you'll be a fam resident! You won't get unmatched again next yr, just apply FM everywhere for backup!

remember, you are a Canadian MD! A title that so many would kill for! All the difficulties will not last, i believe you'll come back!

thank you for your kind words. I will do this for sure. I can't afford volunteering, but I am trying teaching, health aid, cooking, cleaning anything to support me and my wife for next years match.

Archived