Premed 101 Forums

U of T Dental School Chance

Guest cadillacpimpin

Guest cadillacpimpin

Hi

I was just wandering, what would my chances be of getting in to U of T dentistry with a first year GPA of 3.3 and second year approximately 3.5. I did not take a full course load either of the years. I had 4.5 courses first year and 4 second year, but i made up the courses in summer school. I am in my second year now. I plan to apply after the 4th year. What would my chance be? Thanks.

Guest Plug Dis

Not good my friend. Applying after fourth year will help, but if you don't have a single year at 3.7 or above I believe your ship will sink. Consider U.S. schools you'll get in somewhere for sure.......but can you work 60 hrs per week for the next 2 years in order to just cover about half the tuition for your first year.....Its about 50-60 thousand bucks U.S money to go to school down their so for your sake I hope your father is a CEO or something. By the way, I'm not trying to cut up your GPA. I think its very respectable. But In Canada and especially at UToronto, if you don't have the marks.....you won't get in. I'm just being honest. Even I didn't get in last year and I had a 3.87 GPA(cumulative). So keep your head up, work hard. Shoot for atleast 3.7 in your third and final years and UOfT will drop your worst year. Good luck my friend. By the way, if you're interested McGill holds their interview the highest in terms of admission criteria. So if you can do well enough on the DAT, have a cGPA above 3.5, and you do well in the interview you could get in. McGill doesn't accept as many social retards as UofT because their interviews are weighted the highest and its very low pressure....you really can just be yourself....In fact I told the panel I was a Toronto Maple Leaf fan and they started laughing it was hilarious (HABS fans don't like Leaf fans)....by the way I got in and got a scholarship....Take it ease.....any more questions just post and I'll answer...now go study!

Peace

Guest Ian Wong

I don't generally spend too much time in the Dental forum as I hope you folks will moderate yourselves. Please keep things civil and classy (no derogatory comments about individuals or schools that you wouldn't say if you were surrounded by those people with no witnesses in sight; civilized debate is just fine). I don't want to be the guy waving around the big stick.

Cheers,

Ian

Archived