Premed 101 Forums

dentistry looking more appealing

Guest MJ

Guest milkytooth

You went through a tough formation and you deserve that money :) Cheer! Yeah. 15 min per tooth extraction? And each one for 200$ if it's impacted? Indeed, life must be beautiful for you?

May I know if OMS normally takes urgency calls or not? I have 2 classmates who are doing OMS but I lost contact with them.

Guest Milkytooth

Last year for MD program, 1963 students (including cegep students and bachelors or higher) applied and UofM took 189 with an entrance rate of 9.6%. So, I do not think it's equally difficult to get into med school just like in other canadian provinces.

Guest walker

I went back and found those old paper I had for the DAT test results. Indeed, it seems that francophones perform less well in the DAT... Maybe there are less but I can't deny generally speaking the marks are weaker...

I do not think french u are not open to OOS. If you apply, the school's door is for sure open to welcome you.

BTW, the US dental residency is quite easy to get in except some more competitive specialties such as orthodontics, OMS. The reason is quite simple: most of the dental graduates wish to pay off their debts rather than doing some extra years. But AEGD (advanced education in general dentistry) or GPR (general practice residency) are important if you wish to specialize later...

What DMD wrote is true. School life is different from the outer world. And the preclinical years are very different from the clinical years... sigh. That's life.

When you are in residency training you will be taking call q3 (every third night) and as a senior and chief, although you do not have to be in the hospital you are always on call (you do not have to go in, but you are responsible for the service). In private practice, the is really no call, just you post-op patients, and if you do not want to do trauma you have a relatively call free life. If you want to do trauma, then call depends on where you work.

Archived