Premed 101 Forums

OT/Ergo Mcgill or udem

hi, i want to now your advice on wich univertsity to choose between the 2 of them, i have already been accepted to the 2 of them, i have to make a decision quickly.

bonjour, j'aimerais savoir quelle université est la meilleure pour le programme en ergothérapie. j'ai déjà était accepté au 2 universités, il ne me reste plus qu'à faire mon choix....

I'm assuming you're applying into the bachelor's/undergrad degree in OT right after CEGEP.

UdM is very interesting as you start stages MUCH earlier than at McGill, and so you really delve into the OT material right away. At McGill, you do two years of very basic prerequisites with PT and Kin students, and only in your third year do you actually touch upon the OT-specific material.

That being said, McGill's PTOT student body is very francophone, so there are obviously many people with both options that choose McGill - I can't tell you any anglophone that I know who ended up at UdM for OT!

It depends what kind of experience you want and if you want to study in French or English.

The following applies to the fact that you are applying to the undergraduate degree (e.g. from CEGEP). If you're doing the qualifying year (i.e you already have a bachlor's degree), it's a totally different thing.

McGill = really small faculty - about 40 OT and 60 PT admitted in first year.

You get to know everyone well. McGill is has an international reputation. You don't do much thing that are related to OT/PT until your 3rd year. Year 1+2 = you are mostly doing anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, statistics, and many other complementary course that you choose = more freedom of choice.

UdeM = bigger faculty - about 120 OT and 110 PT admitted in first year.

You get to do stages at the very beginning. You have more OT/PT classes in 1st year than at McGill.

Archived