Premed 101 Forums

3 month clerkship break & residency

I am a Canadian IMG on my way back to Canada this summer. Just completed 11 out of 12 months of my clerkship;I have 4 weeks left of my clerkship. I have scheduled these elective 4 weeks in Canada during the month of August. I insisted on doing an elective in Canada as I want to do my residency there, and thus, wanted to get a hint of how hospitals back home operate and if Canada is the right place for me. The only month the clerkship coordinator was able to offer me was August. I'm just wondering if the 3 month 'break' in my clerkship will matter in the future when I apply for residency in Canada.

Thanks in advance.

I am a Canadian IMG on my way back to Canada this summer. Just completed 11 out of 12 months of my clerkship;I have 4 weeks left of my clerkship. I have scheduled these elective 4 weeks in Canada during the month of August. I insisted on doing an elective in Canada as I want to do my residency there, and thus, wanted to get a hint of how hospitals back home operate and if Canada is the right place for me. The only month the clerkship coordinator was able to offer me was August. I'm just wondering if the 3 month 'break' in my clerkship will matter in the future when I apply for residency in Canada.

Thanks in advance.

It shouldn't matter. Are you on a 6 year program or a 4 year one?

Archived