Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be there! Hoping for Calgary as well!

Hi beachbum:)

Do you have any information on when we will hear who is going to Calgary?

The most I know from Michelle is that we will hear in the coming weeks. Hard to make plans for moving from BC.

Hey ladies,

I am doing the U of A program as well. I asked Michelle for an update just over a week ago; she didn't answer my question about the selection process used, but did repeat that the candidates would find out late June or early July.

Andrea

Thanks, Andrea.:)

I got the email, too:)

Can I assume that this means I have been accepted to complete the program in Calgary?

Yahoo:D

I emailed Jessica, just to confirm.

Not sure how I will deal with the 1 week/semester in Edmonton, but I am sure I will figure it out.

:)

Hey everyone!

I am going to UofA in Edmonton this september, very excited to have been accepted:D Still haven't heard from the faculty though, which I find kind of annoying, but they cashed my cheque and everything so I guess it just takes a while to go through!

Does anyone know of a fb group yet?

To the Calgary cohort...

If anyone follows up the email received yesterday with any questions about the Calgary placement, could you post the responses here to share?

Just in case others are wondering the same thing:)

Have you any ideas on where to stay during the 1 week/ semester in Edmonton?

Has anyone received a scholarship from UAlberta for OT?

I am trying to figure out how to fund the program. I am hoping to be approved for student loan, but I am wanting to explore all options.

Also. Has anyone thought about where to stay for the first week spent in Edmonton?

Also, does anyone have suggestions on where I can search for rentals (houses) in Calgary?I need to find a home for my family.

Bad news on the scholarship front. I had emailed Michelle to inquire about just that and she said there are no scholarships available to incoming OT students. She said the QEII scholarship ($10K) is made available to students at the end of the first year and some smaller book prizes as well.

Hey,

For those attending the Calgary program just an FYI to budget more money for transit unless you plan to live in the downtown core. It looks like the U-pass in Edmonton only costs about $100 per semester for on-campus students. The monthly transit pass is about $95 a month in Calgary.

I got this from the UofA website:

"The Calgary cohort will benefit from a unique arrangement with the University of Calgary: students will have access to the UofC recreational facilities, health services and transit pass that are physically located in Calgary"

I am doing PT in Calgary but I would imagine it would be the same for OT.

Well I really, really, really hope I misunderstand but the 'welcome to the Calgary cohort letter' said:

5) you will need to register with the University of Alberta as an "off campus" student and will therefore pay reduced fees. However, please note that you will not be issued a Calgary transit card or University gym membership. If you need access to health services there are many free options available in Calgary.

Well I really, really, really hope I misunderstand but the 'welcome to the Calgary cohort letter' said:

5) you will need to register with the University of Alberta as an "off campus" student and will therefore pay reduced fees. However, please note that you will not be issued a Calgary transit card or University gym membership. If you need access to health services there are many free options available in Calgary.

Yes, this is what my letter said, as well. :(

Archived