Premed 101 Forums

Well that is interesting! My offer letter stated acceptance for Calgary but does not mention anything about fees. My quote was from the website but maybe they don't have that same arrangement for this year. It is too bad that we would have to pay full price for transit since that is pretty much the only way to get into downtown everyday.

Is the OT program also at the UofC building downtown or do you guys have classes at another location?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I talked with one of the Calgary coordinators, and as it stands there will be no discounted transit pass for OT students. They couldn't reach any agreement with the City of Calgary for student fees. We are however, covered under the GSA health insurance plan held by the graduate student dept.

Some positive in this situation.

Well we can still hope. :)

Yeah, I was near there on Sunday and saw that TR Tech is on the first floor I think? Not sure. It's really eerie, the 7th floor of 999 is the exact office tower I first worked at in Calgary. The company left there a few years ago so it's possible we're even in that same office space. Simply freaky.

Hey guys. The OT and PT programs in Calgary are completely different. They do have a discounted transit pass and access to U of C facilities because they're renting from the U of C campus downtown. The OT program for Calgary was really late being organized so it didn't have the opportunity to have the same rental space and therefore benefits. The last I heard, the OT program in Calgary will not have transit passes again this year, and will not have a gym membership. There are very cheap options if you are considered low income which some of you should be due to being student status (see the City of Calgary website for more info on "fee assistance"). As of about a month ago they were still figuring out where the program was going to be based out of, but it looked like it would be in TR tech on the 7th floor again (which is actually pretty awesome). The health benefits are the exact same and Calgary has "network" places to go for chiro, physio, massage, dental, etc. so you'll get the same benefits as if you were in Edmonton.

Hi everyone,

Have any of you guys started enrolling in courses? I'm not sure if we have to start doing that now or to wait for them to give us more info. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi there,

The last email I received from Jessica confirming my Calgary placement mentioned that we will be getting an email later in the summer regarding how and which classes to register for. The email was dated June 5th.

Hope that helps!

Hi everyone,

Have any of you guys started enrolling in courses? I'm not sure if we have to start doing that now or to wait for them to give us more info. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Michelle told me that they will finalize the courses in July and that we should hear back from them/start enrolling in courses then!

Also - I saw that you asked about a facebook group, I created one - you should join :)https://www.facebook.com/groups/467756016647061/

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the OT program at u of A is full? I am on the waiting list but somewhere towards the end and I am just praying each day lol.

Thanks!

I'm on the waitlist as well, I spoke to Michelle on the phone the other day, and yes the program is full, wait list will only move if people reject acceptances.

Archived