Premed 101 Forums

Stethoscope engraving

So does anyone have any information on where to engrave stethoscopes, if it will hurt it in any way? I have called around to some places that do not seem too familiar with it, they also stated that it is engraved "at your own risk". One place thought they had done it before but only offered engraving not laser etching. What part is best to get engraved, or does it not matter? Any information is helpful :)

I wouldn't engrave a stethoscope, your abound to loose them. Also, don't spend a lot of money on it unless you are going into internal medicine - specifically cardiology

Instead, you are better of getting a custom white coat with your credentials etc...

I have a Littman Cardiology III coming from Surgo Canadian surgical supply, shhh this is actually Mrs. Silvantes and it is a secret for our going away party from my parents. It looks like Sears engraving will do it (and has had some experience depending on steth style), has anyone had good luck there? Hoping my husband doesn't see this, he has been pretty busy lately.

So does anyone have any information on where to engrave stethoscopes, if it will hurt it in any way? I have called around to some places that do not seem too familiar with it, they also stated that it is engraved "at your own risk". One place thought they had done it before but only offered engraving not laser etching. What part is best to get engraved, or does it not matter? Any information is helpful :)

Littmann will engrave them for free when you buy from them. My friend got me mine as a surprise congratulations gift and had it engraved!

http://stethoscope.ca/engraving

I had my master cardiology engraved any they misspelled my last name so they sent me a 2nd one that was spelled correctly. Got to keep both without any extra charge :cool:

I also received a stethoscope as a surprise congratulatory gift and they engraved the tubing part (with my full name) as well as the metallic bell part of the stethoscope with my first initial and last name. The engraving makes it extra special and reduces the chance that it'll be accidentally taken :)

Archived