Premed 101 Forums

Which US schools should I apply to?

I am assuming some of you folks are being sarcastic but if GPA was all that mattered, I would be starting med school in Sept. I applied last year to random US schools (Canadian-friendly) and the 5 Ontario schools and all I got was an interview and a wait-list from Wayne State and 0 interviews in Ontario. I just don't want to waste money applying to random schools in the States this time and was hoping someone could suggest with the MCAT scores that I have, which schools may be appropriate for me to apply. Thanks in advance.

I am assuming some of you folks are being sarcastic but if GPA was all that mattered, I would be starting med school in Sept. I applied last year to random US schools (Canadian-friendly) and the 5 Ontario schools and all I got was an interview and a wait-list from Wayne State and 0 interviews in Ontario. I just don't want to waste money applying to random schools in the States this time and was hoping someone could suggest with the MCAT scores that I have, which schools may be appropriate for me to apply. Thanks in advance.

If you are tired of waiting, and want to have a 90+% chance of going to a US med school, I'd recommend applying to DO schools.

But then, I take it you are not a DO fan?

Obviously you did not learn from the first time around.

I'll save you another year's worth.

Apply to all of time. Stop being a lazy ass.

I completely agree, OP have you thought about other professions? like business? maybe medicine is not for you...

1 interview from the US and 0 from Canada? yup, its definitely because of your low GPA. work harder, bring it up please. its embarassing to see kids with 3.97s thinking they could get into med school...huge egos

Ignore all the sarcastic jerks on here, they are just jealous of your excellent GPA. If you apply smart and are decent interviewer in person, you should be able to get into a US MD program. Apply again to Ontario schools as well. Are your ECs lacking? Cause you should have at least gotten an interview in some Ontario school, but it could be the MCAT(not sure what the cut-offs are for Ontario these days).

You would be a shoe in if you could re-do the MCAT, but should still be okay. Wayne state is an excellent school, really show them how you improved since the last time you applied.

Thanks Advair250 for your constructive advise, I really appreciate it. The 9 in verbal cut me off from Queen, Western and Mac. I had decent ECs so was disappointed not to get an interview from Ottawa or Toronto. I definitely will re-apply to Wayne, I'm just not sure which other schools I should apply to in the US - my funds are limited. I'll also have to consider a re-do of the MCAT. Thanks again.

Never mind, got off the waiting list and accepted to Wayne State on Thursday afternoon

Congratz CricketFan! It's unbelievable that your sincere attempt to seek advice got yourself forum-bashed by some insensitive pre-meds. Now show them what you've got! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived