Premed 101 Forums

On to the Next Year

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum but I thought that I'd make a post and see how it goes.

I'm about to start my second year of undergraduate at Uwaterloo and I'm planning to apply to ontario medical schools during my 4th year and the proceeding year if I do not get in on my first attempt.

I know that this is a redundant question; I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to make a "competitive" come back with regards to GPA based on the way my first year went? Well, my first term of school didn't exactly go as I had planned, I ended up getting a GPA 2.77 on 2.5 credits of courses (full load). During my second term, I changed some of my study and social habits and ended up with a GPA of 3.74 while taking 2.75 credits. I'm still going to attempt to improve my habits and hopefully get a higher one in the fall, but I'm just anxious about how big of a hole I dug myself in my first term. Thanks for your input and sorry if I'm annoying, I'm new here!!! :)

Realized this is in the wrong area. Should be in premed discussions. Won't happen again.

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum but I thought that I'd make a post and see how it goes.

I'm about to start my second year of undergraduate at Uwaterloo and I'm planning to apply to ontario medical schools during my 4th year and the proceeding year if I do not get in on my first attempt.

I know that this is a redundant question; I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to make a "competitive" come back with regards to GPA based on the way my first year went? Well, my first term of school didn't exactly go as I had planned, I ended up getting a GPA 2.77 on 2.5 credits of courses (full load). During my second term, I changed some of my study and social habits and ended up with a GPA of 3.74 while taking 2.75 credits. I'm still going to attempt to improve my habits and hopefully get a higher one in the fall, but I'm just anxious about how big of a hole I dug myself in my first term. Thanks for your input and sorry if I'm annoying, I'm new here!!! :)

Ontario schools are pretty forgiving with a screwed up first year (except Mac which looks at all courses you've ever taken). Ex. Ottawa looks at most recent 3 and western looks at best 2

Archived