Premed 101 Forums

McGill 2014 Application Info!

Slipstream

A much better website in my opinion. There are still a few glitches about the linked web pages, but navigation is really easier. I noticed that for Med-P the CV abstract is gone, and the Personal Narrative is reduced to one single page. Is it true?

Well for the Personal Statement reflecting on the experiences that appear in the CV and responding to the following questions:

How have these experiences helped shape and prepare you for a career in medicine?

What do you think could be strengthened or improved?

Tell us something about you that DOES NOT appear in your CV, but which you believe is pertinent to the Admissions Committee’s consideration of your candidacy.

consider doing your personal statement as 3 CV Highlights, touching also upon your weaknesses and going out of your CV as per italics above. Make it one page using whatever font and margins are required.

You can cover a lot of ground. It is longer than the previous 1,900 characters for the 3 CV Highlights. :)

EDIT: Compliments of a member who just sent me a PM, apparently you are to use Arial font 12 for the essay, with 2.5 cm margin Top (1.9+0.6 which is for the header) / Bottom, and 2 cm L/R.

Classic McGill, say it'll be done by early July, actually completed mid August

LOL, yup. They delayed the release of interview invites a few days, and then final acceptances by OVER A WEEK. It's not huge deal, but that extra week was soooo hard to wait through. So don't hang too much on their "target date for preliminary selections". It will likely be delayed, but it all still works out in the end :)

Under "Supporting Documents" (http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/elements), Letters Of Reference are subtitled "No Longer Accepted", even though the follow-through link clearly explains how to select referees for the (1) Reference Letter. FWIW, I am only browsing, I haven't actually logged on and started an application for this cycle yet.

Is this a site glitch, or did I miss something??

Under "Supporting Documents" (http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/elements), Letters Of Reference are subtitled "No Longer Accepted", even though the follow-through link clearly explains how to select referees for the (1) Reference Letter. FWIW, I am only browsing, I haven't actually logged on and started an application for this cycle yet.

Is this a site glitch, or did I miss something??

The 1 Reference letter is only if you are applying MD/PhD. If you're just going regular MD, then reference letters aren't accepted :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi,

some people said that the font for the letter was arial 12 but I see arial 11 :s which one is it?

and for the cv, do you get arial 9 for description?

thank you

It's NOT arial 12, it's 11: Here's the pasted text

Do not modify the formatting, including font or font size [Arial/Helvetica at 11 points, single-spaced, 1-line spacing after each paragraph]. Approximately 600 words can fit in this space. Delete this text to free some space.]

Archived