Premed 101 Forums

3/5 Rule at UofT

On the admissions website it says: " Applicants are expected to have taken courses at a level corresponding with the year of their program. For example, a student who applies for admission while registered in the third year of undergraduate work should have at least three third-year or higher courses in his/her program. "

How strict is this rule? I've carefully planned out my undergraduate courses and this (3rd) year will be the only one where less than 3/5 credits are at my year of study (it will be 2.5/5 this year). Will this hurt me, disqualify me, or does it even matter?

Thank you.

On the admissions website it says: " Applicants are expected to have taken courses at a level corresponding with the year of their program. For example, a student who applies for admission while registered in the third year of undergraduate work should have at least three third-year or higher courses in his/her program. "

How strict is this rule? I've carefully planned out my undergraduate courses and this (3rd) year will be the only one where less than 3/5 credits are at my year of study (it will be 2.5/5 this year). Will this hurt me, disqualify me, or does it even matter?

Thank you.

Here's the answer to your question: http://utmedadmissions.wordpress.com/2009/09/17/course-levels/

For UWO though, the 3/5 is a strict rule.

Archived