Premed 101 Forums

wGPA with a repeated course?

So I'm a little unclear about whether or not I would qualify for the wGPA. If I do, I think I have a chance at getting an interview; if I don't, there's no point in me applying.

Long story short, I took a course in the first semester of my degree that I did extremely poorly in, but passed with a D. I retook the class second semester and did better in it, so it's listed both times with both grades on my transcript, but since I passed it the first time, I only received credit for it once. This means that the credits might not line up properly.

Also at McGill, some of the first year science courses are worth 4 credits instead of 3, so even with the "missing" credits, I still had 31 credits for my first year. There are two sections - GPA credits (34) and Earned credits (31).

Can anyone provide some insight? It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

So I'm a little unclear about whether or not I would qualify for the wGPA. If I do, I think I have a chance at getting an interview; if I don't, there's no point in me applying.

Long story short, I took a course in the first semester of my degree that I did extremely poorly in, but passed with a D. I retook the class second semester and did better in it, so it's listed both times with both grades on my transcript, but since I passed it the first time, I only received credit for it once. This means that the credits might not line up properly.

Also at McGill, some of the first year science courses are worth 4 credits instead of 3, so even with the "missing" credits, I still had 31 credits for my first year. There are two sections - GPA credits (34) and Earned credits (31).

Can anyone provide some insight? It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

You would only be eligible for weighting if you overloaded that year aka 5.0 courses + the repeated course.

Archived