Premed 101 Forums

Worth applying as OOP

Hi guys was wondering if you think it is worth it for me to apply. I am an Ontario resident. Non-rural. My stats: 4.05 AGPA, 10.875 MCAT.

Thanks

Here is what the admissions bulletin says: "the Admissions Committee discourages individuals from applying who have an AGPA lower than 3.94 and an operative MCAT score lower than 10.75. If you fall into one or both of these categories, you have a low chance of receiving an invitation to an interview."

Take a shot if you want to. Be aware that stats for previously invited and accepted OOP applicants were much higher than 3.94 and 10.75.

Here is what the admissions bulletin says: "the Admissions Committee discourages individuals from applying who have an AGPA lower than 3.94 and an operative MCAT score lower than 10.75. If you fall into one or both of these categories, you have a low chance of receiving an invitation to an interview."

Take a shot if you want to. Be aware that stats for previously invited and accepted OOP applicants were much higher than 3.94 and 10.75.

How much would be considered "much higher"? Are we talking 1.0 higher? 0.25 higher?

Sorry I'm trying to figure out roughly where I stand as well!

How much would be considered "much higher"? Are we talking 1.0 higher? 0.25 higher?

Sorry I'm trying to figure out roughly where I stand as well!

Without rural/academic coeffecient, around 11.4 gives you a good shot at an interview. UofM application is only $100 and a couple hours though.

stats for class of 2017 just came out. It does not look too bright for OOP. I m not sure if this year is an anomaly but with median and average of the OOP applicants offered interview were around 12.50.

In comparison to class 2016, the average and median were around 12.0 with both classes admitting 4 applicants in the end.

I m an OOP applying this year too. I m still waiting for my last MCAT to come out in 1 week.

I m hoping for 12.0 keeping my fingers cross over many sleepless nights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived