Premed 101 Forums

9/11 Mcat

DrPhilster

I also wrote the MCAT today. Although the material didnt feel hard, I felt I was running out of time on pretty much every section, and had to make quick guesses. BS was ok, PS had too many calculations and VR was depressing because I had to guess completely on one of the passages since I ran out of time.

It definitely felt harder than AAMC 11.

I hope all of you did well and we get to ace the mcat!

Good to know I'm not the only one. I felt the most confident after VR though. PS had lots of calculations indeed, which caused me to finish with very little time to review. I invariably finished with 15+ minutes to review on PS/BS in all of my practice exams, which was definitely not the case here. BS was harder than AAMC 9/10/11. Maybe it was because of certain passages with material that I didn't feel as comfortable as I was with the ones on the AAMC tests. Oh well. Let's wait and see now.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I felt the most confident after VR though. PS had lots of calculations indeed, which caused me to finish with very little time to review. I invariably finished with 15+ minutes to review on PS/BS in all of my practice exams, which was definitely not the case here. BS was harder than AAMC 9/10/11. Maybe it was because of certain passages with material that I didn't feel as comfortable as I was with the ones on the AAMC tests. Oh well. Let's wait and see now.

For the PS, I finished with about 16 minutes to spare. Given that, I do not think I did well at all; it's just I was able to finish it quickly. The VR is a toss-up, as there were 2 passages I had some trouble with. BS surprisingly seemed the easiest (all relative, still pretty difficult).

Overall, I don't think I came close to my target score.

i did not finish the last verbal passage on the 8 am write. Does anyone know how many questions were on the last passage. I was able to do the first two questions from the last passage, but I think there were a total of 4 in the last passage, not certain though. Overall though, if it were not for computer problems, I thought verbal was similar to AAMCs and not to bad. Though definitely felt like there was more text.

• 1 month later...
I'm at 32 as well, but I'd most definately rather have your 32.

I got 12PS/9V/11BS

I would probably have been content with a 10 in verbal, but I guess I'm gonna have to rewrite...even though I really don't want to.

That score is perfect for pretty much almost every school in the country, so I'd keep it if I were you

Hmm...Enough for some US schools too? I'm disappointed because I scored lower than my AAMCs.

I'm at 32 as well, but I'd most definately rather have your 32.

I got 12PS/9V/11BS

I would probably have been content with a 10 in verbal, but I guess I'm gonna have to rewrite...even though I really don't want to.

I have a 34, but I rather have your 32 as well, 9V/13PS/12BS... 3rd time already... will rewrite... sigh...

Archived