Premed 101 Forums

Cr/ncr eng american schools

darkchaos

Hello. I am currently a third year at UofT. Looking around this forum, I found that if I do want to apply to an american medical school, I need a year of english. I am a science student that does not do a lot of english. I took ENG215 (Canadian Short Stories) and ENG237 (spring session) for my english. I am not all that confident I can achieve a great grade however, so I was wondering if I could take these two english courses as credit/noncredit. Would this still work for american medical schools or would it not?

Hello. I am currently a third year at UofT. Looking around this forum, I found that if I do want to apply to an american medical school, I need a year of english. I am a science student that does not do a lot of english. I took ENG215 (Canadian Short Stories) and ENG237 (spring session) for my english. I am not all that confident I can achieve a great grade however, so I was wondering if I could take these two english courses as credit/noncredit. Would this still work for american medical schools or would it not?

Most schools frown upon pass/fail for required courses (while some require a mark), but some don't have it noted anywhere. Best bet would be to contact the schools you want to apply to directly.

Also just a quick note, remember to request Pass/Fail before you start the course at UofT. You can't chose this option once the course has started.

An enormous thank you to you guys. UofT has put into placement this year were on rosi you can select a cr/ncr option which can be changed up until the drop date. After that date, the option cannot be changed. However just one more question. If I happen to select the cr/ncr option and pass the course however this causes a problem with american medical schools, can I take a year of english at ryerson to satisfy it, and would it be factored into the gpa that I got at UofT or not? Thanks again.

Archived