Premed 101 Forums

The most realistic IV injection arm?

awydra

Hello guys,

I'm new in this forum and I'm currently doing resaerch on IV injection arms for the medical school. There are bunch of artificial arms on the market and all of them look pretty realistic. We have arms from: eNasco, Simulaids, Laerdal, 3B Scientific, Things&Limbs, AdamRouilly. They all look nice... and it's really hard for me to choose the best one. Do you guys have some experience with them? Which one would you recommend as the most realistic (lifelike) arm?

I would be thankful for any advice.

Hello guys,

I'm new in this forum and I'm currently doing resaerch on IV injection arms for the medical school. There are bunch of artificial arms on the market and all of them look pretty realistic. We have arms from: eNasco, Simulaids, Laerdal, 3B Scientific, Things&Limbs, AdamRouilly. They all look nice... and it's really hard for me to choose the best one. Do you guys have some experience with them? Which one would you recommend as the most realistic (lifelike) arm?

I would be thankful for any advice.

I don't know what companies they were from, but I tried a few during med school. I hate to say it, but they all suck. Nothing made out of plastic comes close to modeling anything in the body. This goes for IV's, intubating, crics, pelvic exams, etc...

The only purpose these models serve is for learning the steps of a procedure when it is first introduced. For simulating reality they really are utterly horrible.

If you want to get good at a procedure watch it done by an expert on a real person. Then go do it yourself on a real person while you get feedback from the expert watching. When you have done it a bunch of times on real patients and are proficient at the procedure then teach the said procedure to someone. This is the process by which proficiency at procedures is solidified. I'm pretty sure the the med ed literature backs me up on this as well. Unfortunately, fake limbs don't have a big role in things.

Archived