Premed 101 Forums

Which schools in Western USA?

thedoc

Hi All,

I am looking at applying to US schools this year, I would like to apply to UCLA, Stanford, UofSF, UChicago. Is there any other schools that a Canadian might have better chance of getting into that is in the western part of USA? Or is the east the higher probability?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All,

I am looking at applying to US schools this year, I would like to apply to UCLA, Stanford, UofSF, UChicago. Is there any other schools that a Canadian might have better chance of getting into that is in the western part of USA? Or is the east the higher probability?

Thanks.

East is higher probability since most of the state schools in California are restricted to Canadians.

On top of that California already is the most competitive state for medical entry in the US.

• 3 months later...
Where does it say that UCSF does not accept international students? I was under the impression that it does... can someone provide a link, please?

I can't link it, but the stats from the MSAR indicate that in the last two years UCSF hasn't accepted (not even interviewed) a single international student, with over 150 applications each year. I can't find anything in the form of official policy though.

I can't link it, but the stats from the MSAR indicate that in the last two years UCSF hasn't accepted (not even interviewed) a single international student, with over 150 applications each year. I can't find anything in the form of official policy though.

Thanks so much! I e-mailed the school to verify. :)

Archived