Premed 101 Forums

Yet another chances thread

tupaki

Hey guys, quick question about my chances applying at the tail-end of the application cycle. My MCAT is a 42, AMCAS GPA of around 3.96, and decent EC's. What are my chances of scoring an interview at some of the non-rolling schools if I apply in mid-October? Tryna figure out if its worth the time, energy, and money to apply.

Thanks!

You have really great stats so that shouldn't be a worry. However, you're applying super late in the cycle. Even if you finished your AMCAS application today, it would take several weeks for it to be verified, which is nearing end of October at the minimum. Most non-rolling schools will have an "AMCAS Application deadline", where you application needs to have been verified and sent to them pretty early - such as Yale being October 15, 2013. Check for the other schools that you want to apply to, but otherwise you'll probably just have to apply early next year. Sorry!

You have really great stats so that shouldn't be a worry. However, you're applying super late in the cycle. Even if you finished your AMCAS application today, it would take several weeks for it to be verified, which is nearing end of October at the minimum. Most non-rolling schools will have an "AMCAS Application deadline", where you application needs to have been verified and sent to them pretty early - such as Yale being October 15, 2013. Check for the other schools that you want to apply to, but otherwise you'll probably just have to apply early next year. Sorry!

Thanks for the advice. However, I've contacted Yale and they said that as long as the primary is submitted before October 15th, it doesn't matter when it's verified. Do you think it's still worth applying? Yale claims they have non-rolling admissions so I'm hoping that applying this late won't hurt me too much. any input is appreciated, thanks so much guys!

Archived