Premed 101 Forums

What if you do not get accepted in PT?

Hey people

So, I am finishing my kin degree at mcvill next winter and I am going to send out application very soon. My cGPA up to the date i send out my applications will be around 3.51 and mu subGPA will be around 3.72.

Im applying to uOttawa, University of Montreal, University of Laval, University of Sherbrooke. I am also applying in the QY at McGill as well as the undergrad program (because I don't mind doing PT in 5 years instead of 2-3).

All these universities (except uOttawa) look at the cGPA and not subGPA.

My CV is not very strong. Worked a year at a hall, been working 5 years at a theatre and got promoted twice and i am now an assistant manager. Volunteer wise, I volunteered at a rehab centre for people w MS, stroke and Parkinsons, as well as the tough mudder race (so awesome) and colour me rad races. Also volunteered at the H1N1 vaccination campaign a few years back. Extracurricular activities involved the gym and high school basketball team

besides that, i got nothing.

So seeing as my cGPA and subGPA aren't really high, thus making me barely make the cut-off. Plus a CV thats pretty much average, I feel like I have a slight chance of getting in. Therefore, I was wondering

What do i do if I don't get in?

Obviously apply next year. But what about in the mean time? Other undergrad? year off and volunteer somewhere? Does it affect anything if you take a year off?

Oh the confusion

Archived