Premed 101 Forums

What are my chances OT

Hello

Need some feedback regarding my chances and which area I need to improve on: I have a Bachelors from India in Architecture, Masters in Architecture from Columbia University. I have done all the pre reqs and Science classes that US school require for OT from US . I have done 100 hrs of volunteer hours in Geriatric and 50 hrs in Pediatric setting. We are immigrating to canada , and I would like to apply to OT schools . My references are very strong but i DO not have a reference from a OT that I supervised under. My cgpa for prereqs are 3.67 . Please comment on my chances and if I should improve on m volunteer hours.

• 1 month later...

I honestly think the schools like seeing different undergrad backgrounds - I got accepted everywhere I applied (Mac, UofT, Queens, and Dal) with a Bachelors of Industrial Design, a "meh" GPA (3.61), minimal volunteer hours (volunteered from September the year applied), and my references were my research supervisor for my design project and my boss from my summer job (in tourism). I can't comment on the fact that your degrees are from universities internationally... I don't know how they weight those, but as long as they are recognized universities it should be fine?

I think the most important thing is relating your skills to OT and proving that you would be an asset to the profession BECAUSE of your different perspective... also showing that you are passionate about it/really want to be there.

Archived