Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to interview decisions!

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't that one by the troll who also posted she got an invite?

Right, my bad...forgot about that. But still, I guess early deadline applicants will still be getting invites tomorrow. Hopefully in addition to some OOPs as well :)! I'm an OOP so I'm really anxious to find out UBC decision.

"Applicants who submit, by August 15, the application and all supporting documents normally required by September 16 and who are invited to interview, will receive an interview invitation one day early and will be allowed to book an interview time one day before the general interview-granted pool."

So tomorrow must be regular invites (and possibly regrets, however we can not be sure about this)

I saw somebody figured out new formula. I modify it a little bit: 1.5387xGPA-100=AQ. This is based on: your TFR & NAQ on your account are for this year & correct. Try insert your GPA in this formula to calculate your AQ. Then add up with NAQ. If the result is the same to TFR, the formula is more or less close. In this formula, 98%=50 AQ while 75% could get 15 AQ that is better than before.

I saw somebody figured out new formula. I modify it a little bit: 1.5387xGPA-100=AQ. This is based on: your TFR & NAQ on your account are for this year & correct. Try insert your GPA in this formula to calculate your AQ. Then add up with NAQ. If the result is the same to TFR, the formula is more or less close. In this formula, 98%=50 AQ while 75% could get 15 AQ that is better than before.

it's quite off using the interim stat numbers. i think with the numbers so far it's a linear curve?

I don't think there's much point speculating the formulas until rejections come out. Don't forget that with accepted applicants they don't actually know what their AQ is.

Also someone pointed out that the average for both AQ and NAQ are ~25, likely a normal distribution. This isn't linear

This is likely an isolated incident, caused by either a system glitch or the poster is confused about the deadlines. I say this because i) early deadline invites MUST come out one day prior to regular deadline invites (the whole point of the early deadline) ii) no other regular deadline member has posted anything (based on the trend on premed101, and specifically UBC's thread, when invites come out many people who receive an invite post about it)

PS: I should note, however, that I doubt the poster is a troll, based on his/her previous posts on the forum.

This is likely an isolated incident, caused by either a system glitch or the poster is confused about the deadlines. I say this because i) early deadline invites MUST come out one day prior to regular deadline invites (the whole point of the early deadline) ii) no other regular deadline member has posted anything (based on the trend on premed101, and specifically UBC's thread, when invites come out many people who receive an invite post about it)

PS: I should note, however, that I doubt the poster is a troll, based on his/her previous posts on the forum.

Pfffft. Wrong. The law of the interwebs says one is Troll until proven innocent. Get with the program.

Do you guys think that e-mails will be sent out around the same time as yesterday, so after 2pm Pacific?

If I'm not mistaken, regular deadline invites were sent out exactly 24 hours after early deadline last year. Thus, those will likely come out around 2pm PST.

I don't think that regrets will have the same restriction, so those could come whenever.

Mind you, all speculation at this point! Only a few more hours everyone :)

Thanks!

checking emails every other minute is so unhealthy for my final exams right now. I'll check after 2 pm PST assuming your speculations are correct! Good luck to you too!

If I'm not mistaken, regular deadline invites were sent out exactly 24 hours after early deadline last year. Thus, those will likely come out around 2pm PST.

I don't think that regrets will have the same restriction, so those could come whenever.

Mind you, all speculation at this point! Only a few more hours everyone :)

Guest levski21

I don't think it's that planned out tbh. I feel like they just post them when they get around to it, but probably at least 24 hours before the early deadline so the early birds don't complain. It's not like they're waiting until the second hand hits 2:00pm to click send

Archived