Premed 101 Forums

Post-Interview Blues

Guest Nitay

Guest Nitay

I don't know if this is common...but does anyone here ever feel really anxious AFTER their interview instead of before??? I find myself flipping between thinking I did fine on my interview and thinking I did horribly...Is this normal?! To those who have been accepted, did you ever feel like this after your interviews?

Guest Madz25

Yes, it's normal!! After one of my interviews in the US I was extremely worried. The interviewer asked me only 3 questions and said "do you have any questions for me?" signalling the end of the interview. At that point I started freaking out because I had only been there for about 5 minutes! You can imagine how anxious I was post-interview!! He had given me a tour of the building he was in after the interview (it was across the medical school building), so the actual interview and tour lasted only 15 mins. Anyway, turns out I got accepted there so I was worrying for nothing!

My advice, do something to get your mind off of it or you'll drive yourself insane! But being anxious post-interview and worrying about your answers is perfectly normal. :)

Good luck!

Madz

No really I do...I've had two interviews and am completely obsessing about both. Flip flopping obsessing (the worst kind!). I think we're normal....from the threads that I've read (I'm trying to comfort myself..lol) it seems like alot of people think they do horrible and get in and some people think they did awesome and get rejected. Really only our interviewers know how we did (or how they thought we did...very subjective)

I feel like I'm in purgatory. :P

Guest Paulchemguy

Yeh I felt the same after my interview for like a week. But then eventually you probably won't have time to think about it anymore, then the feeling becomes more distant...

Guest Zuckman

Hey guys,

I've felt similarly after my Ottawa one a couple of days ago. It didn't go too well. I wasn't nervous but I felt I didn't answer the questions as well as I could've. But, it's done now.

Zucker

Guest Nitay

thanks guys that helps...i feel alot like you Zucker. I wasn't nervous but I don't think I answered the questions to the best of my abilities. Hopefully we'll all have worried for nothing!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi,

It's very difficult not to ruminate about an interview that's already completed, but try your best not to. There's nothing that can be done at this point to change the experience and also, although you might feel less than great about your performance, those perspectives are often not well correlated with the perspectives of the interviewers. Lastly, there are plenty other things that most folks can do to keep themselves busy, and the tendency is, the more you do so, the sooner it will feel that the time will pass until you receive a decision, i.e., the apparent length of painful time will be shorter.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest GundamDX

Very good point. Having a full courseload sure helps ! :D And I am looking forward to the year off if I don't get in. Can you imagine going back to school and studying about biology/anatomy ALL OVER AGAIN next September?? I never done serious traveling so it'd be great to do some of that during my time off :) ) OOOOOH and redo the MCAT and redeem my VERBAL score, hahaha

Guest kalenakai

I PMed you again. lol. simultaneous messaging.

I do hope you get into your first choice school. I think I applied to the wrong US school. lol. check PM. X

Guest RoseSmurfette

Haha, now that I'm done all my interviews, I'm more nervous than before (or during!) them. I'm also checking this forum more often. What's with that? And it doesn't seem to help that I have tonnes of studying for finals, reports, and extracurriculars going on.

Guest arjuna83

I definitely get what your saying. I'm really frustrated by my inability to shake off this "post-interview procrastination" feeling and get on with other things. Please be May quick please be May quick! :P

Guest sensodyne

shall we start a countdown? :rollin

let's see...assuming that mid-May means May 15th (for the sake of argument), we have 57 days left. oh boy...what will I do for 57 days? :rolleyes or more like, what will I not do for 57 days? (studying that I should be doing)

Guest arjuna83

I wish they sent us e-mails. It takes ~2 weeks for mail to arrive at my place (Inuvik, NT), which will most certainly drive me crazy!

Archived