Premed 101 Forums

What to wear?

Guest smurfette99

Guest smurfette99

This might seem like the least of everyone's worries... but I'm not exactly sure, having never had an interview before.

1. I know it is a formal interview, but is a suit with a skirt okay? Or are pants more professional? Is black okay?

2. Also, for things that we need to bring with us (ID, water etc.) is it strange to wear a purse?

3. And do we need to bring anything else with us? Like paper, or a copy of our application or anything?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

First of all, although they are not required, most interviewees wear suits, and most of them tend to be dark, e.g., black or navy. If you choose to wear a suit, whether you wear a pant suit or a skirt suit really won't matter. What will matter, however, is to select an outfit which in which you feel the most comfortable while projecting a professional image. You need to feel as at ease as possible when tackling interview questions.

It's quite acceptable, and probably more efficient, to bring some sort of bag with you if you have a few items to carry, e.g., wallet, cell phone, etc. Generally, unless the university stipulates this, you do not need to bring your application with you.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• 3 weeks later...
Guest silverjelly86

Thanx, Madz - that's what I'm thinking of wearing.

For some reason, I thought you were a guy, though . . . shows that you shouldn't make assumptions!

haha silverjelly, you can't really tell on the internet unless your username is molly or something, but even then you never know!

jochi - no surprise there!

madz

Guest treehuggingbiologist
I personally plan on wearing a crotchless body stocking.:hat

And I plan on being there to witness said article of clothing. :eek

Giggity giggity!!

Archived