Premed 101 Forums

Romanow report

Guest hopefulmed

Guest hopefulmed

I was reading the executive summary of Romanow report. I am just wondering what steps have been taken to implement the recommended changes and if any of those have been implemented. By changes I mean things like: Creation of Health council of Canada, establishment of those suggested five new targeted funds, creation Aboriginal Health Partnerships....etc. I was wondering where do I find more current information as to how our health care system has responded to incorporate those recommendations.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

One decent and efficient resource for this type of information is the Medical Post--akin to the National Post of medical news. It's released on a weekly basis and, after a few weeks of reading, it might help to bring you up to speed on these sorts of issues.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Dear Kirsteen,

Would you by any chance know the website for “National Post of medical news"?? is this the same as National post newspaper and then go to health news or it is a different thing.

Thanks Sara

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Here you go. I started a subscription to the Medical Post prior to entering medical school and have continued it up until now, although now that there's a bit more clinical information in the 'ole noggin, I find the CMAJ a better read. However, if you read through ~10 Medical Post hard copy, i.e., not online, issues or so, it should provide you with a good snapshot of many of the issues facing Canadian health care.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived