Premed 101 Forums

Books on Canadian Health care

Guest HenryTheBig

Guest HenryTheBig

Hey guys,

I'd like to learn a little about the Canadian health care system but I don't know where to find this information. Do you guys know of any useful books that are not too difficult. Most of the books I know of go into great detail which is far too complicated.

Henner

Guest avarrin2001

A book that I found quite informative and easy to read is "Prescription for excellence" by Michael Rachlis. Someone recommended it on the webboard last year. Its a bit long, but it gives good insight.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest satsumargirl

Hey,

Last year I read "First Do No Harm: Making sense of canadian health reform". Authors are Terrene Sullivan (prof U of T and about a paragraph of other credentials) and Patricia Baranek.

It is an easy read, less than 100 pages long and is full of good information (I thought). It also helps you keep in perspective all the stuff you hear in the media about things like "wait lists" etc. If you read the book you will see that that doesn`t really give you any information.

(mind you I have been waiting for almost a month of an MRI of my knee...so I am a little less than impressed with our health care the past little while!)

Archived