Premed 101 Forums

Wording of rejection letter

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum because I only discovered it a few weeks ago. Thought I would post since I have a question that I don't see addressed in previous posts.

Are there different rejection letters that go out? The reason I ask is because I noticed that some mentioned that their letters indicated that, while they met the GPA cut-off, their CV evaluation is what prevented them from getting an interview.

My rejection letter (in French) indicates that my file was first evaluated against others in my stream, and then they evaluated my CV. Then they go on to say that my file didn't meet the first criteria. Does this mean I don't meet the GPA cut-off? Or do you think they are saying that I don't meet the combination of the GPA cut-off and the CV review?

I actually do meet the GPA cut-off but wondering if they got it wrong since my OMSAS verification report noted that I was part-time during my last year, when in fact I was full-time. I called OMSAS about this but they said that OttawaU would do there own calculations.

Dude or dudette! uOttawa sends the same generic response to everyone. Somewhere in the letter, it states that uOttawa's most important criterion is academics aka GPA. Basically they are saying compared to others your GPA is not high enough and your EC's couldnt help you.

Sorry it sounds harsh. I got a rejection as well:(

Dude or dudette! uOttawa sends the same generic response to everyone. Somewhere in the letter, it states that uOttawa's most important criterion is academics aka GPA. Basically they are saying compared to others your GPA is not high enough and your EC's couldnt help you.

Sorry it sounds harsh. I got a rejection as well:(

not true. my rejection said passed academic evaluation but failed at autobiography.

It's my third time applying and I've been invited to interview the two previous times. Since my last time applying I took some time off to improve my CV with work experience as an occupational therapist, a master's degree, I've done research, published articles and reports, presented findings at conferences, volunteered with United Way and schools, and I've kept up with others things like running several road races including a half marathon.

But for some reason my OMSAS report was recalculated this time. I called to ask about it and they said it was because I have pass/fail placements, which they removed from their calculations this time, making me seem as though I was studying part-time. They said that OttawaU would do their own calculations though. Is this true?

The cutoff for the French stream is 3.6. My GPA is 3.71 (from previous OMSAS calculations).

So I'm wondering, based on my rejection letter whether I was declined because of my miscalculated GPA, or my CV. What do people think?

Archived