Premed 101 Forums

Accomodations

Just for the record. Make sure you have a back up reservation somewhere if you decide to stay with a current med student. Last year, I was supposed to stay with a 2016, but I had to book a hotel once I got to Ottawa. (Sh*t happens) Not his fault, but given that this can happen, it's good to have another option, and then cancel once you're safe and sounds/before the hotel charges you.

GP

Just for the record. Make sure you have a back up reservation somewhere if you decide to stay with a current med student. Last year, I was supposed to stay with a 2016, but I had to book a hotel once I got to Ottawa. (Sh*t happens) Not his fault, but given that this can happen, it's good to have another option, and then cancel once you're safe and sounds/before the hotel charges you.

GP

Wow... Shoulds like a pooptacular experience. I think this is pretty rare though...

That being said, goingplaid does have a point: You should email the person you're billeting with a couple of days in advance just to confirm. This would give you time to book a hotel if need be.

I didn't do it last year, but I signed up to be on the billeting list this year!

Can't wait to meet you guys!

Archived