Premed 101 Forums

Finished your interviews?

Guest shy

Guest Platinum84

Hey,

Finally finished yesterday...

My interviews were really spread out (Mar 5 - McMaster, Apr 3 - Queens, Apr 16 - Western) which was good and bad at the same time... Good: had time to learn from mistakes etc and research each school individually... Bad: I have an exam on Tuesday :(

All 3 went alright but the best interview experience was probably Queens - where they really seemed to care a lot. My Western interview was nice but they had some scripted questions and so it seemed a bit choppy at times...

Not entirely sure where I want to go right now - I think I'll wait for letters in June before deciding to rank my order of preference and stuff...

Anyways it's GREAT to be done... but as a third year student I have to focus on doing well on these finals too! 3 more exams to go... can't wait until April 27th!!!

Best of luck to everyone over the next (LONG) month and a half!

Guest medeng

finally i can answer!!! man it feels good to be done!!!

4 interviews (Queen's, Mac, UofO and UofT)

1 - Queen's was the best, I suppose the interview was a bit "predictable", there was nothing out of the ordinary about it, I really got a good feeling from the students, and the info session was pretty good too...

2 - Mac was second, I really enjoyed the MMI process, sometimes towards the end of a "normal" interview I start to run out of steam, but I found the adrenaline rush of starting a new interview every 10 minutes really kept me going strong throughout the MMIs! but I really didn't like the onsite ABS, I guess by that point I was getting tired, and didn't feel much like writing...

3 - UofO was like Queen's (almost exactly the same questions actually... but with bilingual test added) but the info session and tour were mediocre, however the students seemed to really like the program, esp. the french students (I wish I was good enough at french to be in that program!)

4 - UofT was also like Queen's & UofO, I did like the 2 person interview (as opposed to 3) but I was really unimpressed with the info session, and the students didn't seem all that happy to me... Maybe its just because they didn't want to be awake at 8AM, but I wasn't too impressed...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smiets

4 interviews (Dal, U of Calgary, U of Manitoba, U of Toronto)

U of T was best (Dal a close second)

U of Manitoba was worst (but not at all bad)

Guest kayos

I had 3 interviews (Dal, Ottawa and U of T).

1. The best was a tie between Ottawa and U of T. Both interviews had a good mix of get-to-know-you type questions, ethics and situational questions. The interviewers were very friendly and overall it was a positive experience. Although U of T's location was superior, the students at Ottawa seemed much more enthusiastic about their school and the program. Tough call.

2. Dal was by far my worst interview. It was my first one ever so I was already nervous and the fact that the doc did not smile once and glared at me when he was not scribbling furiously just made is worse. The questions were also vague/random and I did not feel they got to know me at all. Unfortunately, every other person I talked to that interviewed at Dal had great experiences and said the interviewers made them feel really comfortable and relaxed. But I got in so go figure.

I agree about Dal. The questions were vague and didn't make any sense. They didn't ask me any questions about myself or anything health care related. In fact I think the interviewer spent more time talking about the Arts program for med students than I talked. I am not even interestedin Arts so I don't know how I got on this topic.

Guest wannabdoc

I had 1 interview.

Ottawa was my best interview

and Ottawa was my worst interview.

Wish me goodluck every1.

Archived