Premed 101 Forums

Queens PT Cut off

lol I know it's super low ... I was above both cut-offs but my personal submissions weren't all that stellar. I know a bunch of people that had 3.8+ and still got rejected. Queen's is weird. Even if you have the marks it's hard to know if you'll get in or not.

Does anyone know what separates Queens PT from the other Ontario PT programs? Everyone I ask only knows about UoT, UWO and Mac lol :confused:

• 1 month later...
lol I know it's super low ... I was above both cut-offs but my personal submissions weren't all that stellar. I know a bunch of people that had 3.8+ and still got rejected. Queen's is weird. Even if you have the marks it's hard to know if you'll get in or not.

Does anyone know what separates Queens PT from the other Ontario PT programs? Everyone I ask only knows about UoT, UWO and Mac lol :confused:

How did you find their CumGPA cuttoff? I'm worried for this year. My CumGPA is 3.03, however my SubGPA is 3.61, would that be enough for Queens PT?

Has anyone heard anything about whether queens has got your application? Its the only school I haven't heard from

Queens will not send you anything until May 16 - last year I contacted them to confirm whether they'd received my application and got a response something along the lines of "check with ORPAS". Then someone mentioned the woman who runs the inquiry email also sits on the admissions committee and has claimed when she gets questions from candidates that she thinks they should know the answer to she kind of shakes her head when their application comes up. Long story short I've seriously avoided emailing Queens any inquiries since lol:confused:

Queens will not send you anything until May 16 - last year I contacted them to confirm whether they'd received my application and got a response something along the lines of "check with ORPAS". Then someone mentioned the woman who runs the inquiry email also sits on the admissions committee and has claimed when she gets questions from candidates that she thinks they should know the answer to she kind of shakes her head when their application comes up. Long story short I've seriously avoided emailing Queens any inquiries since lol:confused:

The lady at the front desk you're talking about is really nice. She answered all my questions when I was applying. They're overwhelmed right now with all the applications they need to filter out. Give them some time, if your letter of intent is good, and you have a competitive GPA, you should be fine

The lady at the front desk you're talking about is really nice. She answered all my questions when I was applying. They're overwhelmed right now with all the applications they need to filter out. Give them some time, if your letter of intent is good, and you have a competitive GPA, you should be fine

It's all good, this was last year, and complete hear say from this forum that got me all stressed out over something that was probably nothing. I've never even been to Queens.

How did you find their CumGPA cuttoff? I'm worried for this year. My CumGPA is 3.03, however my SubGPA is 3.61, would that be enough for Queens PT?

Here is a portion of the rejection letter I received last year:

"The academic cut off for the cumulative grade point average (Cum-GPA) for all years of University study this year was 2.89 and the grade point average for the most recent ten full course credits of undergraduate University education (Sub-GPA) was 3.55. If either your Cum or Sub-GPA were below these values or you did not meet the prerequisite course requirements your admissions application would not have been further assessed by the committee. If you did meet the above criteria, the combined assessment of your academic and personal qualities was insufficient to secure an offer of admission or a position on the waitlist."

You should be fine if your personal submissions are excellent.

My CumGPA is 3.14, SubGPA is 3.80 and I have stellar references and my submissions were spot on along with 12 years experience in PT clinics as an RMT. Hope it counts for something.

I am starting to get nervous about getting into Queens or not for PT. I always knew my chances of getting into a mPT program in Ontario would be highest at Queens but I just looked over last years posts and a lot of students with competitive GPAs didnt get in. The lowest subGPA I saw from the board last year who got accepted by Queens was 3.72. It's strange so see here that the cGPA cut-off was 2.86; I thought it was 3.30.

Anyways this year I have a sub-GPA of 3.76 and a cGPA of 3.41. I hope my references, experience and personal submissions impress the committee. I will be crossing my fingers from just over an entire month. May 16th seems so far away.

Goodluck to others applying this year

I am starting to get nervous about getting into Queens or not for PT. I always knew my chances of getting into a mPT program in Ontario would be highest at Queens but I just looked over last years posts and a lot of students with competitive GPAs didnt get in. The lowest subGPA I saw from the board last year who got accepted by Queens was 3.72. It's strange so see here that the cGPA cut-off was 2.86; I thought it was 3.30.

Anyways this year I have a sub-GPA of 3.76 and a cGPA of 3.41. I hope my references, experience and personal submissions impress the committee. I will be crossing my fingers from just over an entire month. May 16th seems so far away.

Goodluck to others applying this year

Just keep in mind, only like 3% of the applicant pool comes on here and the ones that do are probably the keeners with the highest GPAs etc. You should be just fine with those stats.

Archived