Premed 101 Forums

Full course load - 5+3+2

Quick question,

Does anyone know offhand if this would count as a full course load?

Fall: 5 courses

Winter: 3 courses

Summer: 2 courses

I've seen uOttawa's policy:

A full-time academic year where the equivalent of four (4) full-year courses is taken is accepted and counted in the WGPA calculation only if the missing course/credit is completed either as an additional course within another academic year or as a summer course.

So in other words does 5+3=8 also equal 4 full-year courses? Thanks!

To my knowledge this doesn't count I think because you need a minimum of 4 courses per semester...even though you took 5 the first semester and 2 in the summer I don't believe that makes up for taking 3 in the winter. I think you need minimum 4...I may be wrong however and I always think it best to ask admissions directly!

In the undergrad at Ottawa U a full course load is considered at least 4 classes per semester. Your winter semester is part time so I don't believe it counts. I would definitely contact admin though.

On the transcript, I don't think it discriminates between what you took in the fall and what you took in the winter. In that case, it can look like the OP took 4 in fall and 4 in winter. So I believe this will count.

On the transcript, I don't think it discriminates between what you took in the fall and what you took in the winter. In that case, it can look like the OP took 4 in fall and 4 in winter. So I believe this will count.

Oh, really? I go to Ottawa U and my transcript says fall and winter on it. Best thing to do is talk to admissions

Archived